Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Northern Computers C-100 / WIN-PAK 2.0 Problem

SteveG

Oct 25, 2010
Hello.

I've been using WIN-PAK 2.0 for 9 years, configuring badges and periodically modifying door schedules, etc. Strictly an end-user without much experience in detailed configurations or troubleshooting.

WIN-PAK is running on a Dell workstation with Windows 2000. It's connected to the C-100 via COM1 and controls 9 panels. Even though the C-100 appears to be working and the LEDs occasionally flicker, it suddenly lost communication with the N1000.

I can login into WIN-PAK just fine, but the Control Map shows the broken connectivity C-100:

The Alarm Detail message is visible within the config:

Troubleshooting I've already tried to NO avail:

- power-cycled the C-100
- tried switching the serial cable to COM2 and re-configured WIN-PAK, then switched back
- re-imaged the Dell workstation to an earlier Acronis image from April 2010 in order to rule out software/Windows issues (then re-imaged to current state)
- right-clicked C-100 in Control Map and selected Buffer and Unbuffer

Please let me know what else to try from the WIN-PAK side. I'm very tempted to buy a used C-100 on eBay, but am also wondering if it's something else entirely.

Many thanks in advance,
-Steve

Last edited:

SteveG

Oct 25, 2010
SOLVED:

Turns out that one of the nine panels was bad. We removed it from the loop and all communication is back online again.