Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Noob-Need help building portable bluetooth speaker

content1

Aug 14, 2015
Hello all,

Greetings. I'm Ron. I want to build a great sounding portable Bluetooth speaker. I've searched the site and found tidbits but not much that would really help a noob like me. I've also youtube'd a ton and there are so many variations of speaker its a little daunting to a noob like me. From all my research I have a few questions and have determined what I would like(I think) in the speaker. Any help/advice would be greatly apprecitated!

*Good Sound (obviously) to me that means good deep base and killer highs
*Portable, but not too small. Shoebox size is good.
*Rechargeable/AC powered with ability to turn off charger while plugged in. Saw this on a youtube vid and seems like a good idea.
*FM radio capable(AM would be nice too but not necessary.

Some other thoughts. Most of the speakers I saw on youtube were mono. Is there a reason for this? Seems stereo would be better?

Speakers. What size should the speakers be limited to so the battery has a decent runtime? Say at least 8 hours or so? For that matter, what type of speakers should I purchase? Full range and a small woofer or tweeters and a woofer?

I will be making my own enclosure out of wood.

I would need a list of all parts to order and a wiring diagram/schematic. Even if someone could direct me to a website where this has already been done that would be great too!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Thanks all!
Ron

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi Ron,
You basically have three options.
1. Design and build it yourself.
2. Buy speakers, amp, bluetooth audio module, batteries etc
3. Use a Boombox with AUX IN and just buy a bluetooth audio module from Ebay.

For anybody to give you a list of parts and a wiring diagram, means they have to design your idea!
I really think you need to do a lot more research because I found some very useful easy to follow guides
In less than 10 minutes on youtube.
Here is one that specifically answers your questions HERE

And above all, enjoy the building process.

Martin