Connect with us

non-standard PC peripherals

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by abonghit, Feb 25, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. abonghit

    abonghit Guest


    Does anyone know of any resources for purchasing/making devices like
    volume knobs or switches (of or resembling the normal type) that can
    be interfaced with a PC?
    Something that communicates via serial or usb and has drivers written
    for it that can be accessed programmatically in windows (or *nix,i
    guess) in order to perform tasks such as volume control or something
    else available via Windows API etc?
    I am making a 'case mod' (weird computer case) for a PC and thought it
    would be interesting to add PC volume knob and some other items to the
    system that actually perform some function inside the machine (i am
    able to program in C).

    Thank you very much!!
  2. Outrider 141

    Outrider 141 Guest

    Is there a reason no to put a manual pot isolated from the chassis in
    series with the speaker to be a volume control? Or will the PC be
    remotely located, making this impossible?

    Use the usual techniques to reply via email.

    Molon Labe!
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day