Maker Pro
Maker Pro

nokia E72 charger

jvdbossc

Jan 27, 2012
ok so, set your meter to ohms range and select a suitable setting ohm range on the meter and put your probes across each side of the capacitor, if the cap is ok ul see the resistance increase slightly ul have a reading at least.

if the cap is gone the reading will be 00.

The range fluctuates idd and increases 700 mhohm (range autoselect) difficult to hold the points longer then a few seconds.. Thanks.

jvdbossc

Jan 27, 2012
@mechtronics hoeray!! the phone is still dissasambled but the battery is charging. I think it is caused by a failing battery. After leaving it connected for a few hours, it suddenly started to charge.:confused::) I hope I can put it back together..

mechtronics

Aug 7, 2011
no bother. the battery was the only other alternative if the components were ok. Static could have been the cause too.

glad to hear u have found the problem.

jvdbossc

Jan 27, 2012
Thanks, charging took 6 hours wich is (complete empty) but not reported. I am going to get a brand new original one. re-assembly is fairly easy but hit a few problems. the volume keys are loose bits of buttons and I could only re-fit them while mobo was in place, otherwhise they would dis-align .. But happy end! I had a replacement screws for the torx T5 since I only had t6 to start.