Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Noise that affect the channel

bhuvanesh

Aug 29, 2013
In the image there is term called (1/g)and term and sigma(t). Both attenuating the signal,but i cannot understand the difference between them. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    106.9 KB · Views: 99

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
1/G is attenuating the signal x(t).
σ(t) is a noise signal that is added to x(t)*1/G. It is not an atttenuation. this is what the equation for x^ says in the diagram.

bhuvanesh

Aug 29, 2013
1/G is attenuating the signal x(t).

1)what attenuate the signal.i mean attenuation caused by what
σ(t) is a noise signal that is added to x(t)*1/G.

2)what types of noise in general,how its added to the signal.I mean if i send i signal through wire,how the noise signal is being added

i think it is some kind of basic ,so i don't mind even if u give a link that leads to leads to my answer

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
This is a symbolic representation of what may happen to a signal on its way to a receiver.

Attenuation can be achieved by e.g. resistance of a wire, loss within an optic fiber, diminished signal strength of a radio signal simply by distance or by an obstacle. Etc., etc.

Noise can be "added" e.g. by induction of electromagentic fields into a wire, by static noise in the same frequency spectrum as a radio signal, by noise produced by the electronics within sender and/or receiver. Etc. etc.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Noise can be "added" e.g. by induction of electromagentic fields into a wire, by static noise in the same frequency spectrum as a radio signal, by noise produced by the electronics within sender and/or receiver. Etc. etc.

and as the signal level drops over distance, decreasing the S/N ratio

D