Connect with us

No Audio on Vizio Sound Bar

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by itbrti, May 5, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. itbrti

itbrti

May 5, 2017
    Hi Everyone! I have a Vizio sound bar (Model No: S2920w-CO, out of warranty) that is refusing to output any sound. I've had it for a few years, and it's been in storage for the past four months. When I unpacked it and tried to pair it with my phone, the phone connects, the sound bar lights up indicating a connection, but no audio is heard. The same goes with trying to connect with a 3.5mm aux cable directly to my Macbook. I've looked at the board, and nothing looks blown or corroded.

Wondering if anyone had any insight or had similar issues and how it may be fixed. I tried contacting Vizio support regarding the issue, and they referred me to their three 3rd party sites, but I couldn't find any parts for that specific model.

Thanks everyone!

Photo May 05, 10 37 19 AM.jpg Photo May 05, 10 37 43 AM.jpg

2. KilgoreCemetery

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
    Are you testing with a configuration that has worked in the past? I.E. has that exact phone worked correctly with that exact sound bar in the past? Also, have you tried the standard Vizio troubleshooting here?

3. itbrti

itbrti

May 5, 2017
    Hi KilgoreCemetery, I've used both my phone and laptop's Bluetooth as well as 3.5mm attached to my MacBook. I've looked at the Vizio troubleshooting as well, with no luck. Thanks for the suggestions!

Ask a Question