Connect with us

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ainzi, Oct 2, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ainzi

Ainzi

Oct 2, 2014
    hi there every one hope everyone's ok

I'm new to electronics and would love to learn more could any one point me in the right direction to start to learn and carry out simple projects to get me started

Thank you

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi there

welcome to Electronics Point :)

Dave

3. Ainzi

Ainzi

Oct 2, 2014
    Thank you

Do you know of any good sites or videos to start me off with the basics ?? Or does this forum have some good how to guides ??

4. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi Ainzi and welcome to Electronics Point :)

There are lots of electronics tutorials and DIY electronic projects on the web. Just Google some relevant keywords like electronics beginner tutorials projects.

There is also a lot of material out there that has been written by people who don't really understand what they're doing, so they have bad advice and circuits that don't work properly. Specifically, I recommend avoiding instructables.com. Many of the electronics-related instructables I've seen are poorly designed and are likely to cause more trouble than good.

When you've found some sites and projects that interest you, post a list of URLs here and we'll check them out and tell you which ones are good and which ones have problems.

Good luck and please don't hesitate to ask us for advice!

Gryd3 likes this.
  5. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
  6. Ainzi

Ainzi

Oct 2, 2014
    Thank you for the advice I really want to learn about electronics build some projects

Ask a Question