Connect with us

newbie part help - resistor

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by sparkmonkey, Feb 24, 2014.

1. sparkmonkey

sparkmonkey

Feb 24, 2014
    Totally newbie here, and I could do with a bit of experienced advice. I hope this ok question.

I've found what looks like a blown resistor in a monitor I'm trying to repair. However, as far as I am able to decipher it, the value of the part seems unusual - please see attached image.

from my research i am guessing is that this is from E24 series, and is a 0.3 Ohm (R3) resistor. This would make it a 5% accuracy part. I would guess from the size it has to be about a 0.5W resistor. I don't know if any of the above is correct. What is making me doubt is how difficult I'm finding it to source a replacement - I can't see anything below 1ohm from regular suppliers so have I got it completely wrong?

What is it and what sort of supplier is best to try - I'm in the UK. Ideally I would love to find an E24 assorted box with resistors of this value, but it seems impossible.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    orange black silver gold would be the code for 0.3 ohm 5%

3. sparkmonkey

sparkmonkey

Feb 24, 2014
    thanks for the reply, that confirms what I thought then. I guess i'll have to struggle on trying to find a supplier.

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    This may help you.

5. sparkmonkey

sparkmonkey

Feb 24, 2014
    Thanks very much - that is very helpful indeed.

Ask a Question