Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Newbie needs Help with Component Number

foregp2

May 25, 2015
Hi,

I recently bought Depletion mode MOSFET no. BSS139, when I received it I was shocked it was too small for me even to hold/see. I am a Beginner/Newbie while TRYing to solder it got damaged.

Is there any Depletion mode MOSFET with bigger jacket/package, if so please mention the Component Number so that I can search for that.

Thanks

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Hi :)
There are lots of different packages for transistors, a few of which are depicted in the image attached. You need to make sure the package you order is one you have the technology to use! When in doubt, Google will surely help you find images of any unfamiliar package.
It sounds like you must have ordered a "surface mount" package.

I must attribute the image: "Transbauformen" by Ulfbastel at the German language Wikipedia. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Transbauformen.jpg#/media/File:Transbauformen.jpg

upload_2015-5-25_20-13-16.jpeg

Firstly choose the component you want , then search for that component with a package that you can handle.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The important question is probably "what is this mosfet going to be used for"? This will determine what mosfet is appropriate. From there you can pick from the available packages.

Saying "depletion mode mosfet" is like saying "white wall tyre". Sure, we know one detail, but we don't know the you're of vehicle it's for, the size, speed rating, tread type, load rating, ...