Connect with us

Newbie in need of help-voltage readout LED

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by frrrosty, Aug 19, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. frrrosty


    Aug 19, 2011
    Hey all,

    I am not an expert, just a hobbyist, more of a PC geek than hardcore electronics. I need to have an LED readout wired into a pathway.
    I have a Koolance dual 24volt pump controller (step-up converter) which runs off 12v (PC's psu) and converts it to 24v at 55watts max for running water pumps.

    this is the unit:

    It has 2 knobs for adjusting the voltage to anything between 10 and 24 volts. What it does NOT have is any kind of readout of the voltage.

    What I need are 2 LEDs, one to each channel, which would be mounted in the PC just above the controller, displaying the voltages. The LED/voltmeters would run off the output current of the controller, or alternatively, they could use a separate 12v power source.

    I have a basic idea of what i need, but I need specifics. If I go to mcmaster or any electronics website, there are hundreds of different devices sorta-kinda like what i need. the problem is I don't know exactly what this would be called. If i look for "voltmeters" i get multimeters, which are not do-able in a PC panel. the LED module would need to be no more than 1.5 inches in height, so as to fit in a 5.25" x 2" bay cover. A specific model, website, etc would be helpful.

    This would probably be a snap for anyone in electronics, so I'm hoping someone here can help

  2. BobK


    Jan 5, 2010
    Google "digital panel meter"

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day