Connect with us

Newbie: current ADC ?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by Douglas Simmonds, Dec 23, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hi People,

    Does something like a current ADC exist ? I want to digitally measure the
    current through a wire without introducing a resistor and measuring a
    voltage drop etc..

    Does anyone know of a reasonably simple-to-use IC that does current to
    digital conversions.

    Many thanks and a happy Christmas,

  2. John Fields

    John Fields Guest

  3. These are pretty cool:
  4. Dan Hollands

    Dan Hollands Guest

    If you don't want to break the wire, a current transformer (CT) is the
    common way of measuring AC current with causing any affect on the current
    being measured.


    Dan Hollands
    1120 S Creek Dr
    Webster NY 14580
  5. Jasen Betts

    Jasen Betts Guest

    A clamp (or hall effect) current sensor converts the currnent flowing through
    any conductor placed inside it's ring/jaws into a small voltage than can be
    no. but a clamp sensor (etc) can be connected to a regular ADC (or any other
    voltage measuring aparatus)

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day