Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Newbie advice on books and project

JVJ1

Jul 3, 2014
Hi im new to the forum, i would like to know what books are the best for learning to work with DC power and to get in to the electronics hobbie world? I have a project in mind, i want to make my own 12v (drill battery) speaker system for my van that will come with a ipod or headphone jack intergrated, so that all i need to do when i get in the van is pop my ipod or mp3 on to the docking station or headphone jack and have the speakers run from the 12v battery pack that i can take and recharge. I could just buy one of those fancy cd players but i want the fun of making it my self and for it to be removable for fitness classes. Any advice on the above 2 questions will be great. thank you.

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
Hey JVJ1! Welcome to the forums!

JVJ1 said:
i would like to know what books are the best for learning to work with DC power and to get in to the electronics hobbie world?

The best book for a newbie that I have seen is Make Electronics. Next I would read Getting Started in Electronics by Forrest M. It explains how A bunch of different components work. If you get in to robotics I would read Junkbots, Bugbots & Bots On Wheels by Dave Hrynkiw and Mark W. Tilden. The Cmos Cookbook by Don Lancaster is very good book on ICs. Op-amp Circuits and Principles by Howard M. Berlin Is very good book on op-amps is does need some higher math though. I listed these book from simplest to most complex. So I would read them in that order. If you read them at all!

Dan