Maker Pro
Maker Pro

New toys

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
Got my two new boards in today. I already had the UNO. I Wanted To Experiment With The Mega definitely and while on amazon, I found the Nano for $10. $28 for the two. Gonna have fun at Halloween with that nano.tmp_17040-20140825_112805676455737.jpg

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
The nano looks cool what can you do with it? What language do you use to program these thing in? Is the software free?
Adam

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
The nano looks cool what can you do with it? What language do you use to program these thing in? Is the software free?
Adam
The nano can do a lot. However, the exact amount of things you can do with it is still being researched. Most of it is in a 5 subject notebook. As for the software, we have not thought about that yet. We will have to see if there is someone out there who might be able to write a program for something they have no information on. I think it uses an ancient form of the Mayan language... As for the price, we plan on paying others to download it. We call it, "Paid-Per-Click".

One thing's for sure...if you take one of these things into a bar, they are better than the cliche' pickup line "come here often?'.

Last edited:

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Ok I am Old, I am over 30 lol. What is 5 subject note book? I assume you program the bigger units is it not the same. Are they like the raspberry pie.
Adam

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I still got my nano sitting on my desk in it's little foam protection block... have not done anything with it yet, opted to try the Trinket first as it was smaller. (but not by much)

@Arouse1973, the Arduino family is usually programmed the same way with some minor additions for features. The RaspPi is a bit of a different animal altogether. Most people opt to install Linux on it and program within that using PHP, C, bash, etc... any linux programming language really. Everything is stored on an SD card, so there is no real 'Flashing'.
Some of the die-hards will actually program the RaspPi bare-metal, but once again, it is a program on an SD card.

@bigone5500, I like the single LED in the Arduino MEGA. How many do you plan to blink at the same time ;)

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
I still got my nano sitting on my desk in it's little foam protection block... have not done anything with it yet, opted to try the Trinket first as it was smaller. (but not by much)

@Arouse1973, the Arduino family is usually programmed the same way with some minor additions for features. The RaspPi is a bit of a different animal altogether. Most people opt to install Linux on it and program within that using PHP, C, bash, etc... any linux programming language really. Everything is stored on an SD card, so there is no real 'Flashing'.
Some of the die-hards will actually program the RaspPi bare-metal, but once again, it is a program on an SD card.

@bigone5500, I like the single LED in the Arduino MEGA. How many do you plan to blink at the same time ;)
I can flash enough leds with that thing to cause the sun to blink.

@Arouse1973 I did not mean to sound like I was being a smart-***. I thought you were just foolin' around. Sorry. But yes, the software to program it is free on the Arduino site. It's the same as the UNO and Mega. I like it because it fits right on my breadboard and I don't have to use as many jumpers with it.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
@bigone5500 wait for the Leonardo dude... then you can plug things up to your comp for real time fun. am making a game centre soon using it.... to date people have made 128 keypad with 6 axis and 4 POV hat switch...... for what I don't know but if there is a game this can't play then I will be shocked lol

@Arouse1973 Arduino has a growing family and the base compiler is based on C (loosely)
also I assume the 5 subject note book is an A4 binder that allows you to use 1 notebook for 5 different subjects. each with bout 100 pages..... so about 500 pages of stuff.

I find the Arduino is awesome as there are so many people that are using it so finding a line of code, wiring diagram all troubleshooting issue very quick.
also a lot of the reprap printers I see use arduino (including mine) arduino is great for people starting on micros and the knockoffs work weel. however saying that they have limitations.... (still can't get it to link to my star gate dang it)