Maker Pro
Maker Pro

New to the forum, Familiar with Electronics

Brutl

Jan 6, 2014
Hello all,

I'm jumping on here to try and receive some guidance in my electronics projects. I'm a 10 year Automotive Technician; ASE Master Technician and Nissan Master Technician. In the middle of my Automotive career, I served in the US Navy, where I was 2M micro-electronics repair certified, and going through the training on that was tons of fun. I really enjoy the electrical diagnosis and repair side of things in my job, as well as outside my job. Like a lot of people in my industry, I participate in the motorsports hobby. I've built a couple race projects in the past ('67 Camaro and an LT1 swapped S10). I am currently building a 98 Camaro drag car. While I always end up building my own wiring harnesses, I tend to just use existing relay and fuse centers on the vehicle. This time around, I'm building a completely new harness, and would like to build my own relay and fuse centers. I've been looking into products like Express PCB to create a PCB and put it in a mountable enclosure and potting it all up. I basically need to create something of distribution center, as well as a couple stand alone relay centers. Could really use some help as far as familiarizing myself further with the actual component side of things. I've also built computers throughout my life (the last being a modified mATX Prodigy with full custom watercooling loop).

Really open to any resources that could help me out with what I'm trying to do. I spend a lot of time looking around on Mouser.com, but the amount of product on there is insane. I really need to narrow stuff down on there.

Thanks!