Connect with us

new speakers, how to wire?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by bennerkla, Aug 14, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. bennerkla

bennerkla

Aug 14, 2011
    I just bought 2 new Polk Audio Tsi400 speakers and I'm not sure how to wire them. A picture of my receiver is below...

[​IMG]

If there are 4 spots from the speaker, do I plug into the SURR speakers and Front speakers B?

Thanks for any help,
    Ben

2. TheLaw

TheLaw

Sep 27, 2010
    Try the datasheet/manual. I'm sure there's some sort of instruction. But if I had to choose one I'd try the main Front Speakers since that seems to be the main output. Not sure what Front Speakers B would mean. Maybe if you had two MORE front speakers to make up surround sound. I'd try the regular old Front Speakers before you try the other ones.

3. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    Well it would help if we knew more about what you already had and what your main goal is.

I would be using "Front Speaker A" for my main speakers. SURR is for surround sound if I had to guess and "Front Speaker B" looks like the front of the surround sound setup.

Doesn't help much when you don't really tell us what your goal is...

4. bennerkla

bennerkla

Aug 14, 2011
    I'm sorry for the lack of detail. This is the first pair of speakers I have purchased, so they will be going to the left and right of my fireplace with the TV above the fireplace. I will not be having a sub or any other speakers, I'm hoping these will do the trick. I am an average listener, and am just looking for the best setup with two Tsi400s from Polk Audio.

Thank you.

5. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    Then I would look to use "front speakers A" Since you are not concerned about surround sound

6. bennerkla

bennerkla

Aug 14, 2011
    Thanks jackorocko.

Ask a Question