Connect with us

new project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by garyxs, Jun 3, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. garyxs

garyxs

Jun 3, 2013
    I need help to update a design I had made in the 90.s consisting of an LED on a circuit board with 2 batteries in a small plastic moulded case I now wish to revive this with modern technology is there anyone can help?

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Show us the circuit diagram. What do you want to change? Any requirements and/or restrictions?

3. garyxs

garyxs

Jun 3, 2013
    its basically a total redesign of the old idea Harald

4. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    I think what he means to say is WHAT OLD IDEA? :p

5. garyxs

garyxs

Jun 3, 2013
    OK im useless with electronics basically i need the smallest i can have a blinking Led one can be battery powered the other if possible a micro solar panel.the next question is would a solar panel still work with a plasic coating on it?

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You can purchase blinking LEDs. Connect one of these up to a solar panel and that will work with enough light (and a suitable panel).

For safety you might need to place dome diodes (or a zener) across the LED to protect it from higher voltages. The flashing LEDs typically do not require a series resistor.

If you want it to flash even in the absence of a lot of light then you should google "BEAM robotics flashing LED" to get some ideas.

7. garyxs

garyxs

Jun 3, 2013
    ty do solar panels work under aclear plasic coating?

8. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Yes they will, with maybe a minor reduction in efficiency depending on the thickness and type of plastic
    Dave

Ask a Question