Connect with us

New Member would like some help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Uss Griffin, Dec 15, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Uss Griffin

Uss Griffin

Dec 15, 2011
    Hi there, im new here but would like to ask for some help and advice.

I am an electrician by trade (15 years) but have never got the hang of electronics.

I am a star trek fan and have a star trek toy phaser by play mates, i would like to know how to change the sounds it makes to a more... true to show sound.

any help would be appreciated

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hey there
    welcome to the forums :)

yes likewise a star trek fan :)

chances are it has the sound on a small module in the unit, and you are probably not likely to be able to change it.
    The easiest and cheapest way I could think would be to buy one of those small 30 second sound recorders.
    Record the actual phaser sound off one of your start trek episodes onto the recorder and mount itin your phaser. The pushbutton/trigger would be wired to operate playback.

here's a company with a few diffierent modules....
    http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl/it.A/id.499/.f

google search ... voice recorder ... will show up 100's of options :)

cheers
    Dave

3. Uss Griffin

Uss Griffin

Dec 15, 2011
    thank you, fellow fan :)

I hope to get some electronics stuff for christmas, then maybe i can build my own (rolls eyes at own naivety) but thanks for the idea.

i also want to modify the phaser to have a bar-graph power display which increases and decreases by the push of 2 separate buttons

4. Uss Griffin

Uss Griffin

Dec 15, 2011
  5. Uss Griffin

Uss Griffin

Dec 15, 2011
    hi, sorry for the triple post.

i think i will use the following as my prototype

http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2845/.f

i have a few questions (please remember i have no knowledge yet of electronics)

1) can the circuit be adapted to activate an led when play is pressed?

2) can said led be simply fitted to the same out put as the speakers?

3) what needs to be added to the led circuit to allow it to use the power of a 9v battery?

Ask a Question