Connect with us

New LTSPICE Version XVII

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Harald Kapp, Oct 26, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    hevans1944, flippineck and chopnhack like this.
  2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    It's claimed to be up to 30% faster than the old version. I've been using it for a few weeks now, but haven't found any noticeable speed increase. I guess it depends how complex the circuit being simulated is.

3. Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
    My subjective feeling is: it is really faster. I haven't timed it, but 30 % doesn't sound unreasonable.

4. flippineck

flippineck

Sep 8, 2013
    Have read about LTSPICE many times on the forums but have never tried it. Well now I have, thanks for the headsup. Installed and ran flawlessly from what I can tell on my machine, which is not the newest (64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium on intel core i5 @ 2.5GHz with 6GB RAM)

I haven't a clue how to use it although it looks brilliant. Any recommendations for easy to follow beginner tutorials?

5. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Try this.
    Also, the LTspice Help gives guidance.

6. Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
    We do have a ressource section specifically on LTSPICE.

As much as I like LTSPICE, the help is not very useful for getting you started. It requires at least some acquaintance with SPICE based simulators.
    However, LTSPICE comes with a bunch of example circuits which are very useful for studying different simulation techniques.

hevans1944 and flippineck like this.
Ask a Question