Maker Pro
Maker Pro

New: help with power assisted actuator

theArtiist

Nov 26, 2022
Hello, I’m new to Maker Pro. I’m a designer and artist, but not an electrical engineer. Years and years ago I was an electronic service tech for Raytech, but that’s the extent of it. I’m trying to help my dad who is old with a tool of his. He needs additional force when depressing an actuator on his tool and was wondering if there is a way to create a powered assist and very compact electronic device? It needs to be progressive, as he depresses the actuator, the force assists and follows suit with his depression; also visa versa, as he releases/eases off the actuator, force decreases. My mechanical assembly will essentially be two compound gears (gear multiplier to generate as much throw with as little actuator engagement) as I’m dealing with distance/leverage/throw, and I need enough force to help initiate and assist throughout the the finger depression. I haven’t measured how much additional force I will need just yet. Thanks in advance for anyone’s help- any suggestions, thoughts to consider, places you may direct me to, etc.. etc… I really want to help my dad out. Thanks!

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
What tool is it?
What exactly is your dad pressing or pushing on?
If it’s lack of strength for any reason, a hand drill switch or a bench pillar drill lever will require very different modifications.
Please supply us with more information.

Martin