Maker Pro
Maker Pro

New guy from N.C. usa

loudandgreen

Dec 22, 2015
I didn't see this introductions area until after I made my posts on my subject. I don't know how I missed it but anywho I'm here now fixing that.

I'm Brandon from the states and I hope to learn and grow from this forum and all the new friends on it. I originally started in life as a mechanic and worked in retail off and on when work got slow or I was about to get burned out from it. About 15 years ago I started having lower back and nerve issues and kept pushing and had surgery about 11 years ago to get me back walking again. I went back into that sort of work till it started costing me jobs and what have ya.

These days I don't do that sort of work/hobby any more and looking to get into something new and exciting and something that there's ALWAYS something new to learn in the hobby.... electronics just happens to be what I found to dabble in. I have a learning disability that makes it hard and sometimes impossible to understand certain things. sometimes I can keep toying with something till I figure out a way to understand it.

I hope to be a member here for a long time to come and maybe one day I'll be able to hang with the big dogs on the porch!

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
one day I'll be able to hang with the big dogs on the porch!
Yeah, me too:)
Welcome to the nut house Brandon!!
We have spoken before in your post.
As I said in that, don't give up! This forum will help you with all of your learning issues too.
The people here are very knowledgeable and mostly patient..Some exceptions of course:oops:
I personnaly have learned (learnt) more in 6 months here than two years at college.
Just be up front and ask the question! Don't pretend to know something, make it clear what your question is about...
Any way, your post is still open and will get more replies.. Happy Christmas to you...

Martin

Last edited:

loudandgreen

Dec 22, 2015
Yeah, me too:)
Welcome to the nut house Brandon!!
We have spoken before in your post.
As I said in that, don't give up! This forum will help you with all of your learning issues too.
The people here are very knowledgeable and mostly patient..Some exceptions of course:oops:
I personnaly have learned (learnt) more in 6 months here than two years at college.
Just be up front and ask the question! Don't pretend to know something, make it clear what your question is about...
Any way, your post is still open and will get more replies.. Happy Christmas to you...

Martin

Thank You, Happy Christmas to you too!

I'm sure I will have questions, it's just the matter of how to word it without getting obvious answers that don't answere the real question I was trying to ask LoL

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
... and maybe one day I'll be able to hang with the big dogs on the porch!
You can hang with us... big dogs, small dogs, everything in between... as much as you want! Just remember there are no stupid questions, but you may get some pretty stupid answers.

It does help to clearly describe a problem, more so than it does to attempt to describe what you think is a solution. We are here to help you find a solution to a problem, but we need to fully understand the problem first. Don't assume we know anything about your problem. Be as complete in your description as you can. Try not to leave out any information, even if it seems trivial. The better you can describe a problem, the better the possible answers (and solutions) you will receive. And don't worry about how long this process will take. Most of us here are patient and willing to explain and re-explain until you "get it".

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hop

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Welcome!

I also hope to hang out with the big dogs some day :)