Maker Pro
Maker Pro

New board...need drivers

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
I bought this board and can't seem to find drivers that will support it. I am assuming it will use a usb driver to communicate?

20160626_134045.jpg

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
:confused: Were you planning on telling us what it is and what it's supposed to communicate? A link to its datasheet would be helpful.

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
:confused: Were you planning on telling us what it is and what it's supposed to communicate? A link to its datasheet would be helpful.

That's just it. I can't find any info on it. I will try the one who sold it but I can guess that will be a dead end. I can probably program it through the pads but that wouldn't be any fun if the USB connector can be used in some way. I will keep looking.

This is the one I bought: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lily...able-device-NANO-for-arduino/32655867610.html

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
That's just it. I can't find any info on it. I will try the one who sold it but I can guess that will be a dead end. I can probably program it through the pads but that wouldn't be any fun if the USB connector can be used in some way. I will keep looking.

This is the one I bought: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lily...able-device-NANO-for-arduino/32655867610.html
How about these two things:

I've seen the lilypad... I didn't recall you needing to install drivers for it though... but it's been a while since I've used Arduino on a Windows PC.

Get part number of that big IC.
Plug it into the PC and see if you can find it in device manager. Check the properties and see if you can locate and share the VEN & DEV id . That should be plenty of information to ID that thing.

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
Programming is a little bit special, you need the DigiSpark version of Arduino IDE (google for it!). When uploading, wait for the IDE to ask you to plug it in! If you plug it in too early programming is not possible! The bootloader simulates USB for the first few seconds after powering it, this also causes a delay in starting the program, please allow for this behavior when designing an usage. The bootloader takes some 2k of the memory so 6k remains for programming.(standard attiny85 has 8k of memory) One disadvantage: the power led is quite bright, for some applications this can be a concern (I use this controller for a WS2812 led strip project, the red is showing quite visible when the strip is off)

You can download the digispark IDE here: https://digistump.com/wiki/digispark/tutorials/connecting

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
Programming is a little bit special, you need the DigiSpark version of Arduino IDE (google for it!). When uploading, wait for the IDE to ask you to plug it in! If you plug it in too early programming is not possible! The bootloader simulates USB for the first few seconds after powering it, this also causes a delay in starting the program, please allow for this behavior when designing an usage. The bootloader takes some 2k of the memory so 6k remains for programming.(standard attiny85 has 8k of memory) One disadvantage: the power led is quite bright, for some applications this can be a concern (I use this controller for a WS2812 led strip project, the red is showing quite visible when the strip is off)

You can download the digispark IDE here: https://digistump.com/wiki/digispark/tutorials/connecting

Thank you sir. I will try this when I get home.

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
As a side note, this is the message given when uploading a sketch...FYI.

Code:
Running Digispark Uploader...
Plug in device now... (will timeout in 60 seconds)
> Please plug in the device ...
> Press CTRL+C to terminate the program.
> Device is found!
connecting: 16% complete
connecting: 22% complete
connecting: 28% complete
connecting: 33% complete
> Device has firmware version 1.6
> Available space for user applications: 6012 bytes
> Suggested sleep time between sending pages: 8ms
> Whole page count: 94  page size: 64
> Erase function sleep duration: 752ms
parsing: 50% complete
> Erasing the memory ...