Connect with us

Network Analysis (electrical circuits) Exercises

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by Mathiieu, May 23, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mathiieu

Mathiieu

May 22, 2014
    Hi, Could you help me how can I resolve this exercises. I'm not really good in this subject , but I'll hope you can explain me, I don't want the answer I only want your help please .

http://k42.kn3.net/C13A22CC3.jpg

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi there
    welcome to the forums :)

your link is a forbidden link

try posting the image somewhere else or upload it to the forum
    keep the file size preferably to ~ 100kb max

cheers
    Dave

3. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Hello Mathiieu, welcome to our forum.

@Dave: for me the link works. I'll upload the image for others' convenience:
    [​IMG]
    @Mathiieu:
    Let's start with task #1. Start by replacing the leftmost voltage source and the two resistors (6k and 3k) by a single voltage source with one series resistor. You can easily do this by ignoring the rest of teh circuit and calculating the equivalent circuit from the opn circuit voltage (Vx without load) and the short circuit current (short circuit across 3kOhm).

How far do you come with this simplification?

Harald

Attached Files:

4. Laplace

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
    Realize that these simplifying theorems & methods were developed in the days of the slide rule to reduce the amount of calculation work necessary to find the solution. However, with a modern approach using a symbolic algebra engine there is very little actual work needed for using the basic node equations to get the answer for Problem#1. See attachment to verify your answer, but I assume the task is primarily to demonstrate your understanding of the simplifying theorems rather than just provide the answer. Problem#2 is such a trivial setup that I'm not sure simplification doesn't make it more complicated.

Attached Files:

5. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Laplace,
    while I agree with you that for the daily work it is totally o.k. to use such tools (as e.g. mathcad), I disagree with using these tools to solve homework questions. I believe in the "hard way" of learning and _understanding_ matters by initially doing these calculations manually, as you acknowledge yourself.
    We've had that discussion before...

6. Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort Ash

Feb 9, 2013
    I studied this in my recent year, on my Electronic & Comms degree. I may have some resources I used myself to help you, I hope you can understand the hand-writing of some of my closest colleagues.

Some of the most informative files I have are too large to upload, so feel free to PM me with your email address, and I will send them. I can't solve your question right now.

These resources might include:
    Thevenins Theorem
    Nortons Theorem
    Super Position
    Kirchoff's Voltage Law - KVL
    Kirchoff's Current Law - KCL
    Thevenin & Norton equivalent's

Courtesy of the book 'Wiley - Basic Engineering Circuit Anaylsis'

Ash,

Attached Files:

Ask a Question