Connect with us

negative ion generator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by donmc, Jan 17, 2011.

1. donmc

donmc

Jan 17, 2011
    I will include a link of a YouT*be video of a project Id like to make.(below)But,not being very clued up about the Negative ion generator,Im stumpped where to buy one.It has to be 240volt in.Anyone from the UK know where I can get one.My project doesnt need to be the same as the one in the link,if I can make it a higher 'out' voltage,then all the better.:)

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    try google it has 100's of links :)

Dave

3. donmc

donmc

Jan 17, 2011
    Thanks bud,Ive been searching Google,but all I seem to find is air purifiers etc,not an actual 3 wire component as in the video.

4. donmc

donmc

Jan 17, 2011
  5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Get a negative ion generator for your voltage and take it apart. The device inside may look different, but it will basically do the same thing.

I once (for the fun of it) connected the innards of a disposable camera flash to a disassembled negative ion generator and had myself a "safe" and highly entertaining source of very high voltage.

You could do stuff like run an electric current through half a dozen people before drawing an arc of the fingers (ouch) or a metal pen held in the last person's hand.

And all from a single AA battery (but I'd use a D cell, or possibly a rechargeable battery if I wanted to run it for any length of time.

Ask a Question