Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Needing help with sensor/meter project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper Steve

May 10, 2014
Hi.. i'm new to this site, but i have went thru many many pages looking for answers with no luck as of yet.. I have several questions i hope someone can answer. Here's what i have going on.. I'm making a meter that can detect and measure the stray ions that put off by a person, plant, animal, and can detect large concentrations of atmosphere ions. For the sensor, it's just a small metal plate surrounded by wood. I'm needing to inject the signal into a couple amplifier circuits so it can be read on a voltmeter.

So far i have it working, and i have about a 120mv swing from nothing to direct contact from my hand. And at this setting, i can measure people, water, fruits and other smaller things that put off energy, but electronics like phones, magnetism and anything inert doesn't register anything... and it's not supposed too.

Here's what i have so far.. i have a NPN transistor barely turned on and am injecting the sensor DC signal into the base with a biasing voltage so the transistor is barely turned on... so barely... that the sensor has to be plugged into the base before the transistor has enough voltage and current to turn on the transistor.. And i have a 555 timer with it set about 3.5 Mhz... Here's some the questions..

What happens to the 555 when there is no timing capacitor on the #6 threshold pin? i do have a capacitor on the #5 voltage control.. but without the #6 capacitor, i get a more of a reading from my sensor, and my voltmeter is still reads an AC signal throughout rest of the circuit. But when i install a cap on the #6, i still get a reading from my sensor... But it's only about half the reading as compared to no capacitor. i don't have access to an oscilloscope yet so i can't see what's going on.. And the output on the 555 is fed into the transistor collector.

I've also tried putting a small 1pf capacitor on the sensor going into the base of the NPN to make it an AC signal instead of DC.. and that works also... But i'm loosing sensitivity, and i can't seem to find any capacitors under 1pf.

Once i get this issue figured out.. I'm needing to amplify the signal more, either run it thru another couple transistors and/or possibly an op amp for voltage gain.

Any help or insight will help me greatly.. Thanks

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Your measuring ions. That's impressive and with a bipolar transistor wow. Can you supply a circuit diagram.
Adam

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
To address one specific point, two 1pF capacitors in series will appear to be 0.5 pF, so you can do that. Alternately, at that level of capacitance, just placing 2 wires close to each other is going to be significant.

Remember however that stray capacitances will be likewise significant and will act as many voltage dividers reducing your input voltage.

Chopper Steve

May 10, 2014
So yesterday i broke down and bought an oscilloscope off craiglist... which was a 1971 model, but in excellent condition and i can easily quadruple my money if i ever decide to sell it.. and within 5 minutes i answered my questions.. for some reason, the way my circuit is set up, the #6 cap was too big. even tho that certain frequency called for it. once i put in a smaller cap, i got a distinct wave, and was able to fine tune it from there. because i didn't have a good wave... that was why i was loosing sensitivity once i plugged in that cap. And my question about what happens if you completely remove the #6 cap.. it has a little difference in amplitude, the lack of a cap didn't effect the structure of the wave much at all. So so far, everything seems to be working, but i still need to amplify the signal another time or two.

I don't have the diagram drawn up. But if you have basic knowledge of timers and transistors, and have an oscilloscope, it's not hard to make this meter. i've already explained the basic function ... except the actual frequency may vary. right now mines sitting at 2.7mhz. but i'm just learning as i go along, and the specs are subject to change based on input voltage, and individual components

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Can you upload a photo of your construction?

Can you upload a schematic? Just a photo of a drawing on paper is enough.

Chopper Steve

May 10, 2014
A couple months ago i stumbled across an introduction to orgone energy.. if you've never heard of it, it goes by different names... chi, aether energy, and many others. Basically it is the life-force energy.... the energy that living creatures need to survive.. When there is an energy depletion in the creature, it's more prone to sickness, diseases, cancer, and other issues develop because the creature has a suppressed immune system and is not able to rejuvenate and heal.. humans are not much different than electronics... our muscles and brain runs off electric pulses, the cells are just small energy vessels, and people need to external energy just as much as electronics do to optimally function.

This energy is created by a natural process on earth whenever metal and organic materials are mixed together in the right ratios.. this is done naturally in the soil with iron and dirt, and there are energy hot spots where the concentrations are higher.. and a lot of times, native people would build sweat lodges and other healing or ritual sites where these hot spots are... but these areas are not utilized like they used to be... it's been branded as mysticism and crackpots.. But this energy can also be produced at home in items like orgonite, or energy accumulator rooms big enough for a person to sit in... and there has been similar energy rooms found around the pyramids in Egypt... so this energy has been known for thousands of years.... but it's been forgotten, kept quiet or ridiculed because people are either afraid of something new they don't understand.... or it will cut into profits of big corporations.

I've been doing my own research into this energy and searching for everyday uses, and am making progress with water sterilization in hot tubs and drinking water, energy production... both house electric, and batteries, and it's healing effect on the body and plants. When i started making energy pieces, a most people were skeptical... and who wouldn't be.. And the more progress i made i made a few believers... but one of my best friends was still skeptical so the fastest way to prove my case that this energy is real would be to make a meter that can detect and measure the energy. There is already a company or two online that makes life energy meters... but to understand the energy and how it works, i chose to build the meter so i have more of an understanding of the science behind it.. This energy has been touched on by tesla, and a few other people throughout time, but it's been mostly ignored or buried.

That is the history behind the energy.... and below is a diagram of the meter i made. It's a standard 555 IC and i'm currently using a 2N3904 NPN transistor. But others will work.. my first one was a Mosfet N channel, and it worked too. But i had more sensitivity with the smaller one... and i'll probably try another couple NPN's to see if there's a noticeable difference... i'm still in the tuning and amplification stage... I neglected to list the values of the resistors and capacitors on purpose because those vary based on input voltage, frequency, and power consumption. I can give you numbers but can guarantee it won't work because it has to be fine tuned for each meter....... But i will give one secret away, you can't hook the circuit up directly to the batteries, and must go through a voltage regulator. because the meter is so sensitive, minor power fluctuations ... even the slow discharge of the batteries will effect the meter and it becomes unstable.. But this diagram is accurate, and with correct values, it will work with a little tuning. I have probably a good 150 hours tied up in the past month learning all this.. But then again, i started with nothing and discovered the energy, produced it, and made a meter to detect it in the past 2 months.... so it's been an interesting journey, and i'm just getting started.. :)

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 133

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
A couple months ago i stumbled across an introduction to orgone energy.. if you've never heard of it, it goes by different names... chi, aether energy, and many others. Basically it is the life-force energy.... the energy that living creatures need to survive.
What kind of device do you use to measure this energy? Do you measure it with a multimeter? What units is it measured in? Watts?
Hint: If you can't measure it, how do you know it exists?
humans are not much different than electronics...
Clearly, you know something that we don't!
This energy is created by a natural process on earth whenever metal and organic materials are mixed together in the right ratios.. this is done naturally in the soil with iron and dirt, and there are energy hot spots where the concentrations are higher.. and a lot of times, native people would build sweat lodges and other healing or ritual sites where these hot spots are... but these areas are not utilized like they used to be... it's been branded as mysticism and crackpots
I would brand it pseudoscience. Claims that use "scientific-sounding" words - usually, "energy" of various kinds - but that cannot be tested; claims that are so vague that no experiment could be devised to determine whether they are true or false.

Any valid and useful theory or hypothesis can be tested and is falsifiable. In other words, an experiment could be devised that, if it failed, would prove the theory wrong. (If such a test succeeds, it doesn't prove that the theory is right.)

For example, gravity can be tested. Hold a pen up in front of you, and drop it. It falls downwards. Now, that doesn't prove that the theory of gravity is right, but if the pen failed to drop, it would prove that the theory is wrong, because the theory predicts that the pen will fall. This is what is meant by falsifiability. That experiment can be repeated by anyone, and the result can be clearly determined by any observer. As far as we know, it has never failed.

If you want your "orgone energy" hypothesis to be taken seriously, you need to provide some kind of testability and falsifiability criteria. An experiment like dropping the pen, which can be conducted independently, where the result is clear and not open to individual interpretation. Only then will it begin to enter the realm of science.

and there has been similar energy rooms found around the pyramids in Egypt... so this energy has been known for thousands of years.... but it's been forgotten, kept quiet or ridiculed because people are either afraid of something new they don't understand.... or it will cut into profits of big corporations.
Oh please no... I see this so often. Dark ancient mysteries... secrets suppressed... conspiracy theories. No mention of Tesla. I am disappointed.

This forum is for discussion of electronics. We are hobbyists, scientists and engineers here. We are not quacks and we don't like to waste time with vague untestable mumbo jumbo.

the fastest way to prove my case that this energy is real would be to make a meter that can detect and measure the energy. There is already a company or two online that makes life energy meters... but to understand the energy and how it works, i chose to build the meter so i have more of an understanding of the science behind it.
And what do you understand about the circuit you posted? Can you break it into functional blocks and explain how each one works and what it does?
This energy has been touched on by tesla, and a few other people throughout time, but it's been mostly ignored or buried.
Ah, there he is. Tesla, the man with the big sparks. So it's been hidden throughout history? Did you read that on the Internet? Perhaps on a site offering to sell you plans for how to make some kind of untestable machine? Not everyone has pure motives for peddling this stuff, and even those who do... is it possible that they are wrong, and the huge number of educated people who laugh at it are right?
That is the history behind the energy.... and below is a diagram of the meter i made. It's a standard 555 IC and i'm currently using a 2N3904 NPN transistor. But others will work.. my first one was a Mosfet N channel, and it worked too. But i had more sensitivity with the smaller one...
How do you define sensitivity? Where is the output and how to you measure it? How do you generate a known quantity of energy to apply to the input so you can compare one circuit against another?
But i will give one secret away
Electronics is not about secrets (unless you work for Apple!) We are interested in education, not secret ancient energy. Making things that work. Things like your computer or your washing machine. Things that use electrical energy, not "orgone energy"!
But then again, i started with nothing and discovered the energy, produced it, and made a meter to detect it in the past 2 months.... so it's been an interesting journey, and i'm just getting started.. :)
Perhaps I'm being too hard on you, coming at you with a blast of skepticism so suddenly. But I suggest that the next time you research "orgone energy" you include some research on Karl Popper (falsifiability), James Randi and his epic debunkings, Michael Shermer and his book The Believing Brain and skepticism in general. You can save yourself a lot of time and effort.

Chopper Steve

May 10, 2014
I'll attempt to answer most of these questions best as i can.. That's a lot of skepticism to deal with.. But it's understandable.. i'm used too it..

I'm taking measurements with a volt meter. The circuit is mainly 2 components.. The timer to create a frequency and carrier wave... and the transistor that accepts the signal from my sensor... The circuit is set up with a base voltage. The energy gets absorbed thru the sensor, travels into the base of the transistor, and then shows a noticeable increase in voltage. The more energy the sensor collects, the more amplified the signal is coming out of the collector... This process is the same as amplifying any other signal... The only difference is the signal is extremely small... So the transistor biasing voltage and current needs to be extremely low so any extra input from the sensor to be registered on my volt meter.. The stronger the signal, the higher the output voltage.. it's that simple... I can stand 10 feet from my sensor, and closer i get to my sensor the higher the reading... and rise continues until i place my hand on the sensor, and it reaches a maximum reading. So far i've tested a couple other people and everyone has different measurements. I've tested different fruits, water, orgonite, and inside of an accumulator and they all show a reading at different levels..... I tested other stuff.... cell phones, AC appliances, magnets and inert objects, and none of them show a reading.

It isn't pseudoscience, this energy has already been discovered, tested and measured for 70 years now... But measuring devices are somewhat rare.. In my research into how it's done, i seen a few mentions about meters within medical field, but it's not commonly used... and the only commercially made meter i found and it's info can be found here http://www.orgonelab.org/cart/ylemeter.htm and there's an introduction video showing it work and different readings for different situations... someone on that webpage is a detailed study where they scanned 15 people or so and shows their individual energy readings.. .. which my meter is similar, but believe i can improve on its function.. And sensitivity i'm referring too is the ability to measure low energy readings with accuracy. But so far, i've made 3 different variations of this meter.. all work to some degree, but i'm looking for the best.

The whole subject isn't hard to understand if you understand the basic process about how things work. But it's more complicated than just looking at a generic diagram of a device and following the directions to make it.... I gave everyone a detailed diagram, minus the resistor sizes because those change on a case by case basis until you get the transistor at it's optimum operation point for detecting this energy... but I'm used to skepticism.. my last project i designed and built a wood gasification unit... that converts solid wood matter into a flammable air gas that can be burned in generators, cars and trucks and house heating. And while most people don't understand the processes how things work... i do. . one of the most visible examples is the energy's effect on water.. it seems to clean and remove particulates from the water.... i put a small piece inside my hot tub which had algae, smell, and color. And within 2 days, the water was crystal clear, no algae, no smell, and virtually no taste.... yes, i even tasted it.. And over a month later, it's still clean as clear it was after 2 days later... and keep in mind... this water was in my hot tub was already 3+ months old and was in need of a water change until i put a small piece of orgonite in it.. And i'm also studying the energy's ability to charge disposable batteries. And offsetting my electric bill by using the energy to create electric. But to accurately make readings, i needed a meter that can detect it..

and i'm not sure why your so quick to discredit tesla, besides the big sparks.... he's the one who discovered AC that powers most of your electronics your working on..... but he also researched into atmosphere energy and tried to harness it, along with a couple other people but you rarely hear about them for a reason.... So weather or not you want to believe it or not is not my problem... the diagram for the meter is there for you too make... or anyone else... I didn't get any help working on it... you said it earlier... this is a place to learn electronics.. i shared a simple easy way to detect this energy.... so do it if you want.... or don't..... but don't get butt hurt that i won't hold your hand while you make it.... i've put a shit load of time and money studying to understand this process and how it all works... so do as you wish.. but i'll tell you that a greater understanding comes from an open mind and being open to possibilities that are shunned. But i'll tell you that i've just completed the first stage for this meter, and am about to go into unknown possibilities and not just to give it away until i know what i'm going to do with it.... who knows.. after i get done i may make a detailed video explaining every minor detail so anyone can run down to their local electronics store and buy the parts, and make it... or i may prefect it enough to make an important measuring meter... i don't know yet..

Chopper Steve

May 10, 2014
but to truely understand it, you have to understand orgone energy.. or whatever you wanna call it.., and how it is it's created in the first place... it happens whenever a radiation wave... cell, tv, solar... any radiation wave comes in contact with small or microscopic piece of metals within the soil... or organic material .... The metal acts as an antenna, attracts the radiation waves and then repels them.. you basically have millions of pieces of metal pieces all bouncing individual ions between themselves and this process causes a split into cations and anions.. positive and negative particles. The organic material used in the organite pieces and whatnot are negatively charged particles.. from there, since the cations are positive, and the organic material is negative, they attract to each other and stay..... and then there's an excess of negative particles, and no where to go... they radiate out into the atmosphere. And from there, you have wondering negative particles looking for a positive one to join... And people, and living creatures are positively charged, so the excess negative particle finds a place within the body. And since we have an electric field coming off the body, it can be tested. and fairly easy with an NPN transistor because of the way their made, and their sensitivity to electrons in their function.... And my meter just collects and measures how many ions are near to it.. And a wave to carry them, amplify them, and measure them.. not pseudoscience, just an overlooked, unappreciated natural phenomenon

Chopper Steve

May 10, 2014
i finished my meter tonight.. and now have a full 4+ volt swing... with me being 5 foot away, and room saturation as the base, an 8 oz glass of tap water tested at 14mv above base... a small apple at 11, a half gallon of milk 35. But i'm sure i can improve it more in time.. i'll post a short video in the next day or two showing it work.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
to quote from wiki.....

Orgone energy is a hypothetical universal life force originally proposed in the 1930s by Wilhelm Reich.[1][2][3] In its final conception, developed by Reich's student Charles Kelly after Reich's death, Orgone was conceived as the anti-entropic principle of the universe, a creative substratum in all of nature comparable to Mesmer's animal magnetism, the Odic force of Carl Reichenbach and Henri Bergson's élan vital.[4] Orgone was seen as a massless, omnipresent substance, similar to luminiferous aether, but more closely associated with living energy than inert matter. It could coalesce to create organization on all scales, from the smallest microscopic units—called bions in orgone theory—to macroscopic structures like organisms, clouds, or even galaxies.[5]

Reich's theories held that deficits or constrictions in bodily orgone were at the root of many diseases—including cancer—much as deficits or constrictions in the libido could produce neuroses in Freudian theory. He created the Orgone Institute to pursue research into orgone energy after he immigrated to the US, and used it to publish literature and distribute material relating to the topic for more than a decade. Reich designed special "orgone accumulators"—devices ostensibly collecting and storing orgone energy from the environment—for improvement of general health or even for weather control.[1] Ultimately, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) obtained a federal injunction barring the interstate distribution of orgone-related materials, on the grounds that Reich and his associates were making false and misleading claims, and later jailed Reich and destroyed all orgone-related materials at the institute after Reich violated the injunction.[2] Contrary to common misconception, Reich always rejected the idea that the accumulator could provide orgastic potency.[6]

Orgone is regarded by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine as a type of "putative energy."[7] There is no empirical support for the concept of orgone in medicine or the physical sciences, and research into the concept ceased with the end of the Institute.[8]

I think that's enough to debunk it all as garbage

time you explored real physics chopper steve, it will lead you down a much more fruitful path :)

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.