Connect with us

Needed: Phase Converter Box

Discussion in 'Electronic Equipment' started by T. G., Sep 2, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. T. G.

    T. G. Guest

    To the Group:

    I am looking for a 180 degree phase converter unit that I can plug a
    microphone into and output to an amplifier for noise-cancelling
    purposes. (Thanks in advance.)

  2. Balanced or unbalanced mic? If balanced, it's just a matter of swapping
    pins 2 and 3; you can get ready-built XLR adapters that do this, for about
    $25, from suppliers such as Markertek. If unbalanced, a bit more work

    Or, you could just reverse the speaker wires.

    Note that depending on what you're trying to do, it is unlikely to work:
    sound travels at about 1msec/foot in air, so unless your mic is right next
    to your loudspeaker you get comb filtering rather than actual rejection, and
    you'll actually get boost at some frequencies.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day