Connect with us

need to identify resistor colors

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Zmazing, Dec 14, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Zmazing

Zmazing

Dec 13, 2012
    i have a touch lamp and one of the resistors got fried it is near a white wire and above the triac transistor can any one help me identify the color code? this is not my pic but this is the circuit board mine has and im having trouble identifying it :confused: it is the one i circled.
    resistor.jpg

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    unfortunately this picture cuts off the second and third color codes the first looks brown and little bit of the second that you can see looks either brown or purple, but depending on the light and the camera that could be brown, purple, or black.

Do you have the model number of the lamp?
    What was the R# where that resistor blew from?
    can you take a picture of what yours looks like now?

3. Zmazing

Zmazing

Dec 13, 2012
    the resistor is now completely chared and no longer has any colors on it. there is no R# on the board. the model # of the circuit board is TA306-2c(it is partialy covered in this photo by the big resistor) and i have removed the blown resistor and there is nothing where it was except for the resistor symbol you know the jagged line thing.
    photo.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    in my searching I cant find anything, looking closer at the two pictures it looks to me like its going to be a resistor with brown then black, but the third ring I cant tell, and I cant promise that it is in fact brown black.,

I wish I could be more help, sorry

5. Relayer

Relayer

Dec 15, 2012
    You can try replacing the resistor with a 10k ohm one. But I would check the Triac to see if its gone short circuit, as there should be a reason why your original resistor burned out.
    I would also check the two diodes for shorts, though they both look like bog standard signal types.
    Regards,
    Relayer :D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  6. Zmazing

Zmazing

Dec 13, 2012
    i have already replaced the triac but i want to be absolutely positive that i can find the right resistor before possibly over or under powering the circuit

7. Zmazing

Zmazing

Dec 13, 2012
    thanks for the attempted aid if i cant fix it i guess i will have to dig into my pocket a little and buy a replacement board and thanks for trying again.

Ask a Question