Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need to find a replacement part

Shenn

Jan 18, 2017
Hello. I have a birdog version 3 usb satellite meter

I need to find a replacement part for but I cannot find one to save my soul. I hope maybe one you guys can point me to the right place.

The top part has "FAH22 GE" written on it could be "FAH22 BE" or "FAH22 LE" Dang o'l eyes are getting bad haha hard to read since its bulging on top

on the back of the jack is has Zz 25

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I need to find a replacement part for but I cannot find one to save my soul. I hope maybe one you guys can point me to the right place.

DC power socket ... try, Digi-key, Farnell or Mouser .... should be available from any of them

Shenn

Jan 18, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply I found the dc jack but what's throwing me off is the second part here's a better picture. After the dc jack is soldered in. That smaller chip is soldered between the dc jack legs so can someone please explain that to me because all of the dc jacks I have found do not include that piece it has FAH 22 LE written on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
That appears to be a surface mount part. Perhaps it is a capacitor?

It does not seem to be part of the connector per se.

Shenn

Jan 18, 2017
I was thinking the same thing maybe it was a capacitor because I tracked my problem to that area and when there is power you can lay you're finger on top and it will almost burn you also the top of the little chip is bulging like a capacitor would.

What happened was my wife plugged the wrong charger into it and starting smelling burnt. But I have never seen a capacitor like that before and cannot find one. But I did write the makers of the meter and a very nice guy said he would send me the part maybe he can explain it haha I hate being a pest to people but it does make me curious when I am stumped on something.