Connect with us

need pressure sensitive material

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by [email protected], Aug 1, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    i want to make a sensor that i lay on top of on a mattress which can
    indicate where the pressure points are. specifically i want to have
    two thresholds, one indicates that pressure is in a middle range, and
    another when pressure is even higher.

    i am thinking some kind of pressure sensitive foam or rubber that
    changes resistance when pressure is applied would work. this sensor
    needs to indicate that pressure anywhere on its surface has exceeded a
    certain threshold. it does NOT need to indicate where that pressure
    point is on its surface.

    are there any pressure sensitive foams out there?
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day