Connect with us

Need one bit of old circuit board

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by JeanGenie, Jun 19, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. JeanGenie

JeanGenie

Jun 19, 2015
    Hi, I am not an electronics person but I need to buy one piece of that old green plastic circuit board from the 1970's with the solder dots and lines. Does anyone have a bit - even a broken piece - that I could pay you for and ask you to send it to me? Or know where I could get some? I live in Australia and don't know where to start looking to buy something like this. Or even if you can tell me what old stuff (eg. very early calculators?? or others) to look for at garage sales which I could extract that kind of circuit board from..... any help very much appreciated...

2. JeanGenie

JeanGenie

Jun 19, 2015
  3. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Almost any old electronics device from the junkyard etc. will contain such PCBs (as these boards are called by those in the profession). Color may vary (green, red, brown etc).
    Find a computer in the grabage? A good source of PCBs, even if more modern, but the technique is still the same today (albeit more complex).

It were a shame to spend money on that gem on ebay only to destroy it to get hold of a bit of PCB.

4. JeanGenie

JeanGenie

Jun 19, 2015
    Thank you for that advice - I do agree the vintage calculator is a gem and don't like the idea of breaking it up, but I absolutely need the pcb to be dated to the right time period, i.e. must be mid to late seventies only, which is why I am looking for something which has a date for the item provided with a reasonable degree of certainty by the seller, and it does need to be green. Very long story as to why! Any other ideas as to where I could find such a thing would have my deepest thanks.

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    I really want to know why ??

6. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
  7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    no you mis-understand ... that's all new and unused boards

I want to know WHY he wants 1970's era populated board(s)

8. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Yeah me too! got me intrigued.
    Adam

9. poor mystic

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
    Opinion:
    Must be an artist.
    There is a lot of that stuff around. Where are you in Oz, Oh JeanGenie?

I'd swap just about any amount of old circuit board for that HP calculator, and with pleasure! I'm in Cairns.
    :)

10. JeanGenie

JeanGenie

Jun 19, 2015
    Hi all..... yes I know its a wierd request. It is an art thing, yes ..... :)

Ask a Question