Maker Pro
Maker Pro

need major help please

olitaylor

Apr 21, 2011
here we go i know nothing about electronics but here is my problem:confused:

i am building an automatic brine shrimp hatcher this is what i need

a cuircuit that will turn off an air pump for 10mins then power a motor (nema 17)to draw a syringe back then push the syringe down then turn the power to the pump back on for 2hours and repeat the cycle 6 times a day if this is possible i know im in the right place

many thanks in advance oli.

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
I don't know anything about shrimp hatching, but if the off time can be increased to 15 mins then a mechanical light or appliance timer might work. Not sure how a syringe might work. Can the power-on sequence turn on the air pump and operate the syringe at the same time?
http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-SA110-Heavy-Appliance-Timer/dp/B000DZC226/ref=dp_cp_ob_hi_title_2
If the 10 mins is a hard requirement, then try investigating the many programmable digital appliance timers available.

Attachments

• c26-B000DZC226_2-L.jpg
    c26-B000DZC226_2-L.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 161

olitaylor

Apr 21, 2011
help and challenge

the air pump needs to be on in order for the brine shrinp to stay alive and hatch the reason for turning it off is to allow them to settle at the bottom of the hatcher then as 10 mins pass the 60ml syringe draws the shrimp out then injects it into the tank after that the air pump needs to be turned back on then the cycle repeats for 6 rotations 1 every 2hrs it is possible to do this using a 555 timer chip.i have the design for the hatch tubing syringe ect all i need is the cuircuit board..this is exactly wha i need it to do

1.as soon as i turn it on it needs to power an aquarium air pump for 24 hours
2.stop air pump for 10-15 mins.
3.power a nema 17 stepper motor with center screw for lets say 15 seconds
4then reverse it to power the center screw for 15 seconds(turn the center screw the opposite way)
5turn air pump back on for 2 hours
6 repeat steps 2-5 .5 more times then stop
7start from step 1 as soon as i press a button

i will pay £100 to the persone who builds this and sends it to me or donate to the web site what ever you choose i am a man of my word good luck.

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
Does the stepper motor have a driver circuit that controls the step and direction with a simple change in polarity (a fully implemented syringe pump), or is that part of what needs to be designed?

Ken

olitaylor

Apr 21, 2011
i have designed the syringe to act in acordance with the center screw of the stepper so itsthe actions of the motor at certain times that need some one to design

what i want to do is simply plug in a 12v adaptor(or what ever size is needed)and press a button and then the cycle begins as such

1air pump turns off for 10 mins
2.motor turns anti clock wise for approx 15 seconds
3immediately motor turns clockwise for same time as step 2
4air pump turns back on
5cycle repeats ever 2 hours for 6 rotations eg 10am,12,2pm,4pm,6pm,8pm

then stops until i press go the next day

so what i need is a timer built that controlls the motor exacly as stated above if you can include the pump then great if not i shall run that on a seperate appliance time switch

thanks oli

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
I my opinion this would require programming a microcontroller for the short time periods and step/direction control, and outboard driver circuitry to power the stepper motor. It could also switch the pump. If you want to be able to alter the times or dose-volume it will require more hardware and programming. Is that something you will require?

Ken

olitaylor

Apr 21, 2011
urgent

this is what i need some one to build for me im running out of time http://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=1378

can this be moded to contorl the stepper motor as i said in my previous post

im so close but yet so far from finalising my prototype but i carnt do it without your help
there is a clear buisness oportunity for who ever manages to build it i can then add it to the rest of the system that i have allready built

please please please hhhheeeelllllppppppppppp:D

Last edited:

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
Sorry olitaylor, I don't have the necessary experience to develop what you need in a timely manner. Implementing all the hardware and writing the program would take most of my spare time, and not expedite your project. Have you contacted the person that developed the timer in your link? The PIC that they're using appears to have enough extra I/O pins to work with a stepper motor driver chip.

Ken

Last edited: