Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anykon34

Dec 3, 2016
Can I use Arduino platforms to help build a desktop or laptop?? If so, how??

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
No.

You do know what the clock frequency of an Arduino is?

Anykon34

Dec 3, 2016
Honestly I'm just now hearing about it. What all can I do with Arduino??

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
Honestly I'm just now hearing about it. What all can I do with Arduino??

An Arduino is a microcontroller board, more of a "toy" microcontroller with the necessary power supplies, pin headers. Good for experimentation, quick development, but programmed in a "toy" language. The microcontroller onboard, the Agents 328 has a clock frequency of 16mhz on the arduino board (the Uno). 16 megahertz, that is 16 million oscillations per second, modern computers use clock frequencies of 2 gigahertz and up. That is 2 billion oscillations per second. A lot more than the arduino.

What you want may be a Raspberry Pi 3, add a screen, peripherals and you have a PC. Albeit a relatively slow one, but ok for light web browsing, word processing etc.

Going further than that you can build your own PC from the individual modules, but this is not the same thing as you have in mind (in terms of building your own), and can get a bit expensive depending on the specs you want.

Anykon34

Dec 3, 2016
Thank you for your knowledge, I really appreciate it Lavaguava. One last opinion.. in this day and age, what would be the best way to build a computer from scratch?? From conductor, to material (3D, Kevlar, metals, etc.), to technology (quantum, nano, etc.), and everything else in between. I've always wanted to build my own "super" computer.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
One last opinion.. in this day and age, what would be the best way to build a computer from scratch?? From conductor, to material (3D, Kevlar, metals, etc.), to technology (quantum, nano, etc.), and everything else in between. I've always wanted to build my own "super" computer.

this was answered in your last thread on that topic

this thread is now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.