Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Help With Project!

ScruffyNerfHerder

Oct 3, 2015
Hello! First a little information:
I have an idea to create a round wooden "box" (approximately 13-14" wide) that will have something on display inside of it. The box will also have a round lid. There will be a "false" bottom that the item will sit on and will be connected to the top via wooden dowels. The weight is no more than 2 lbs. I want to push a button (or flip switch) and the lid will raise up bringing the false bottom and item up to be retrieved. The item is 6" tall, so I would need about 6.25" of lift. I would like this to be battery powered.
So here is my question:
What sort of apparatus should I use to lift this? electric actuators? mini scissor lift? If you could include hyperlinks to the equipment, that would be extra helpful. Thank you all in advance!

ScruffyNerfHerder

Oct 3, 2015
That's a great idea, but I'm having trouble finding one that would give me 6" of lift. Here is a (terribly) hand drawn picture of what I'm imagining.IMG_0768.JPG

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Gee I don't know. I guess I'd be looking for a small wormgear or ballscrew type mechanism that could be driven with a small hobby motor and battery.
You might get some ideas by looking at a local toy store. Tearing the mechanism out of some drumming monkey or something, might just be what you need with a modification or two.