Connect with us

Need help with project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by dcggames, Mar 26, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dcggames

dcggames

Mar 26, 2013
    Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I hope posting this on the right place! ;)

I'm trying to figure out a way to demultiplex a sequence of 4 pulses. The speed of the pulses may vary.
    To explain it as simple as possible, I need the pulses to be split into 4 seperate channels/outputs. The catch is that I need the signals to be synced, so that the 1st of the 4 pulses always ends up at output 1. With 2, 3 and 4 following respectively.

Any ideas on how to get this right would be very welcome!

Regards

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Welcome!

So you have an input, and you expect 4 pulses of unknown timing or duration. And you want them to be routed to 4 different outputs. Must the output pulses be of the same duration? How much delay can be tolerated? How about the magnitude, is it constant or variable? What are the limits on the duration and the separation between the pulses? What happens after the 4 pulses, do 4 more come?

Bob

3. dcggames

dcggames

Mar 26, 2013
    Hi Bob!

Thnx for your reply. I hope to chart the signal with my oscilloscope tomorrow. But I'll try to give you as much info I can think of.

The output pulses need to be exactly the same as the input, without any delay as the timing is essential. Its a continuous repetitive signal. The end destination are ignition coils. The magnitude should stay the same.

The signal should theoretically be, 1234 'longer pause' 1234 etc
    I do have a AC signal from a hall sensor which can be used for syncing, it should occur between the 4th and 1st pulse.

Regards

Ask a Question