Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Help with Portable DVD TFT LCD Display

Kamga S

Jan 4, 2017
Hello electrical engineers and fellow hobbyists. I am having trouble identifying the Video input signal for this TFT LCD I took out of a broken Portable DVD player. I have found the datasheet for the LCD : http://www.beyondinfinite.com/lcd/Library/Auo/A085FW01-V1.pdf But i dont know how to find the inputs. Included are pictures of the LCD (front and back),What i believe to be the Control Board, and Portable DVD drive motherboard. All help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image3 (2).JPG
    image3 (2).JPG
    304.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image1 (8).JPG
    image1 (8).JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image2 (2).JPG
    image2 (2).JPG
    496.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9653.JPG
    IMG_9653.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I am having trouble identifying the Video input signal for this TFT LCD I took out of a broken Portable DVD player.

there wont be a simple video signal .... it will be digital data all the way from the laser in the disc reader through the processing and to the LCD
driver and on to the LCD panel and it's driver IC. You can see in the datasheet the pins for the LCD panel and how the colour data signal is split
across 3 lines. There's many other control signal lines that are also needed to make this all work

Last edited:

Kamga S

Jan 4, 2017
there wont be a simple video signal .... it will be digital data all the way from the laser in the disc reader through the processing and to the LCD
driver and on to the LCD panel and it's driver IC. You can see in the datasheet the pins for the LCD panel and how the colour data signal is split
across 3 lines. There's many other control signal lines that are also needed to make this all work
I seem to have used the wrong datasheet here is the datasheet for the one i have. I have V5 not V1. I dont know if there is any difference though.

Attachments

• A085FW01-V5-AUO.pdf
    887.7 KB · Views: 68

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I posted this same question to a different forum and was advised to use a VGA connector. Is this possible?

I would have expected a lot more than just supplying the video signals
I would have thought all the other control signals need to be supplied as well ?

Kamga S

Jan 4, 2017
I would have expected a lot more than just supplying the video signals
I would have thought all the other control signals need to be supplied as well ?
I really do not know... I attached the conversation. Is controlling most LCDs as complicated as this one?

Attachments

• LCD Conv.JPG
    LCD Conv.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 64