Connect with us

need help with my project

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by forbidd3nh3ro, Jan 11, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. forbidd3nh3ro

forbidd3nh3ro

Jan 11, 2013
    i am making a voice activated dimming light and need peoples opinions and advise

I have decided to try make a voice activated dimming light but I need opinions with this idea, with this like:

if this is a good/bad idea and why?, how does this benifit and any other opinions

The summary of this idea is that it would consist of four commands on/off/brighter and dimmer which when said the light would do. so if you say off the light would go on standby then once you say on the light will go to the full setting then once you say dimmer it will go dimmer by one setting. the settings would be from 0-10, 0 being standby and 10 being full capacity

please help if any

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. forbidd3nh3ro

forbidd3nh3ro

Jan 11, 2013
    need some help with my project

i have decided i am going to design a voice activated dimming light so i wanted peoples ideas on this as it would help with my research, so things like:

how is it good/bad and why? and would it be useful and how?

This idea works with four commands on/off/brighter and dimmer. this would work by if you say the command off the light would go onto standby but if you say on the light will turn on at full capacity.
    this light would have 11 settings 0-10, 0 being standby and 10 being full capcitiy.

need help is you can but your input please.

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    What experience do you have with electronics?

What experience with voice control?

These are really questions for you, not us.

OK

What help do you need?

It doesn't sound trivial.

Are you wanting to make a device for yourself, or a proof of concept design for a school project? or something else?

4. forbidd3nh3ro

forbidd3nh3ro

Jan 11, 2013
    This is a project for my college course i am on my second year of my level 3 BTEC electrical engineering but need a little bit of research on peoples thoughts and ideas of what they make out of this design

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    If you keep creating new threads, you're going to annoy people.

This is your project. Presumably you need to do your own research. If you have any specific questions, then please ask them. At the moment it sounds like you want us to do the work.

6. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    I would think that voice recognition would be difficult.

Have you thought of a tone detector, possibly using a sheepdog whistle as the transmitter.
    If you have perfect pitch you would not need the whistle, you could do it yourself.

Ask a Question