Connect with us

Need help with microwave transfo.

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by frank81, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank81

frank81

Feb 9, 2018
    I would like to take the transfo of my microwave and use the high output to be able able to make fractal wood burning with it. I think I solve the transfo wiring but want to make sure it's the easyest way to do it. Just for info last time I play with electronics is 15 year and +. Tank you for your help I'll upload soon picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what i think would be the good way to make it work.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. frank81

frank81

Feb 9, 2018
    So basicly I want to plug the 120v outlet and use the higt voltage output to burn wood. any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

3. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    What you think is 'three phase' actually isn't. It will be a low voltage centre-tapped voltage applied to the INVERTER board. It's the inverter board that converts this LOW voltage to the high voltage for the microwave function.

Sadly (for you), using this high voltage output from the inverter to 'burn' things won't work - it'll only destroy the inverter board (or, if you're lucky, activate the built-in protection)

davenn likes this.
  4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

agree with Kellys_eye

you are playing with things you have little or no understanding of
    we wont be a party to you killing yourself

thread closed because of its dangerous nature and lack of experience

hevans1944 likes this.
Ask a Question