Connect with us

Need help with linear actuator!

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by ac6080, Aug 1, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ac6080

ac6080

Aug 1, 2011
    hey guys. im new here and to be completely honest im not to good with electronics, But i am good with electric(if that makes sense). I am need to figure out how to make a linear actuator move when a series of pressure sensors of all different pressures are set off. I want the actuator to move in as the pressure increases. At 0 psi i want the actuator all the way extended, and then at 10 psi i want the actuator all the way in. I was planning on using 4 pressure switches and just having it move a certian amount for each switch that opens. Any help on how to do this is appreciated...i need help.

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    This is industrial electronics that's in use everyday. I'd be Googling what you're looking for.
    Omega, Newport, turn out a lot of application data for their products. Anybody that
    makes pressure sensors and switches will have information on applications for their
    products.
    Find the actuators and pressure sensors that interest you, and search for information
    on their application data.
    If you find something you like, and need more information about practical usage, most
    companies are more than willing to make suggestions to help, because they're trying
    to sell their products.

Ask a Question