Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with LG 42" plasma

Darkrenzo

Jan 10, 2011
i have recieved a gift from a friend which was a second hand LG 42" plasma RT-42PX11.
it worked for about 2 months and one day i turned it on and the picture was extremely snowy on every channel. Even the AV channels and such.

On the normal channels i can make out the picture, but if i put it on the AV channel to use my PS3 i can hardly make out the picture at all.

Also when i first switch on the tv it has black patches that slowly bleed away and reveal the snowy picture underneath.

All my googling has turned up nothing so any help u guys can give would be very much appreciated and if u need pictures or any such reference materials from me i would be happy to provide them for u.

Cheers

Darkrenzo

Jan 10, 2011
i know its only been a few days, but i have seen 30+ ppl have had a look and no answers.
i am in the proccess of moving house and would like to know if its worth holding onto or wether to throw it out.
would someone atleast be able to tell me if it sounds like an expesive fix or a relatively cheap one???

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It's very hard to tell. And that's probably why nobody has replied.

Darkrenzo

Jan 10, 2011
yeah i bit the bullet and got a quote done on it. the guy who looked at it at the store reckons its a $400-$600 repair :(