Connect with us

Need help with identifying this type of connection...

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Brad Hays, Sep 24, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Brad Hays

Brad Hays

Sep 24, 2015
    Hi. Can anyone please tell me what type of end connection this is? I've made the trip to Radio Shaq and they don't have it so I'm at the end of my rope with this. Most I know is it's 1/4". Better yet would be a link to where I can order some of these here on the net. If RS doesn't have it my amateur self has no clue where to go to find some of these. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Old Steve

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
  3. GPG

GPG

Sep 18, 2015
  4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    A lot of our old posts wind-up in Google searches for years. Old Steve gave you what you need, but for anybody else who finds this post, the answer to the question is:
    The basic type of terminal is called a female spade lug terminal, the exact variety of the one in Brad Hays picture os a 'piggyback quick disconnect' female spade terminal.
    Example: Multicomp part numbers like MC29475 and MC29476.

5. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Or technically:
    A female spade with piggyback male!!

Martin

6. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Martaine2005 is correct. I believe they specify that particular terminal as an 'adapter'.
    Thanks for the correction.

7. Old Steve

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
    I've never seen them described as an adaptor by sellers. The two sellers I linked to call them "Piggy back", (spade implied) and "Piggy back spade" respectively.
    And even 'female' is redundant - they're all female, (with male in piggyback), as far as I've seen. I've never come across one the other way around.
    Sellers don't tend to call them a "Lucar connector", either. Go to an electrical or automotive seller and ask for a "Lucar connector" and more than likely you'll just get a blank stare.

And I thought this was answered in the first reply. :D

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  8. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hi Steve. this will blow your mind...

[​IMG]

9. Old Steve

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
    No it won't. They're a different connector. Not a crimp type. I'd tend to call those an adaptor. (But it might not be the correct term.)

And before you come back with a male with female piggyback, I did say "they're all female, (with male in piggyback), as far as I've seen." and "I've never come across one the other way around."
    I didn't say that they definitely don't exist.

Martaine2005 likes this.
  10. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    You are correct, they are not crimp.
    But they are male, male, female.
    I prefer female. female, male:D
    Martin

Old Steve likes this.
  11. Old Steve

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
    And @Brad Hays, you'll quite possibly find them at your local automotive parts store as well as the places I linked to. Here we have SuperCheapAuto, AutoBarn and others. You'd have similar there.

12. Sarunas Nejus

Sarunas Nejus

Sep 21, 2015
Ask a Question