Connect with us

Need help with fan configuration

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Bigdaddydon, May 29, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Bigdaddydon

Bigdaddydon

May 29, 2017
    Hi All,
    I am new here and a relative rookie to electronics. I apologize in advance if I am on the wrong forum.

I am trying to get the most cfm from a 1.5 inch fan as possible.

My requirements are;
    1.5 inch max fan diameter
    typical power supply will be usb on computer
    free standing ie I think I will use a separate motor with a fan blade attached to maximize blade area. (I could be wrong in my thinking)
    Would love to move about 70 cfm more would be better(I do not know the math involved)

I am using this to inflate not cool

Can anybody help me with
    fan speed
    fan blade pitch
    will it be possible to run this for an hour on battery power.(small power supply, max 3 AAA batteries or similar size.)

I'm guessing you may need more information so please let me know what else I can provide.

Thanks in advance.

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Don't think you will even come close on all fronts.

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Name brand fans with have the CFM ratings on them or in the data sheet, but I'm doubting anything that small is capable of inflating anything.
    You can knock yourself out trying to engineer this, or you can consider inflating alternatives.

4. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    I agree that air pressure is needed to inflate something and the little fan will produce almost no air pressure.

5. Bigdaddydon

Bigdaddydon

May 29, 2017
    Thanks guys,
    I guess its back to the drawing board.

6. Bluewoolf

Bluewoolf

May 31, 2017
    70 cfm (Cubic foot per minute) at presumably low pressure inflation eg camp bed bouncy castle type pressure rather than compressed air /tyre pressure. the closest thing I can think of that would move that kind of air and not mains would be a dyson portable vacume cleaner type set up to give you an indication of the ammount of air you are trying to shift this equates aproximatly to 2000L / min. 120 CuM / hour aproximatly.

Ask a Question