Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with Arduino Code for coil winder

Arun@arduino

Feb 19, 2020
Hi sir
I need to do a coil winder project
I have arduino uno r3 board, 16x2 keypad shield with 6 push buttons, nema23 stepper motor, tb6600 stepper driver controller, 12v 5a power supply module now all I need to write a sketch code file, and am getting stuck can you help with code please?

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Probably need to move this to a new thread, as you have posted to a very old thread.
You ask for a solution to the whole problem.
Perhaps you could outline what software components you have now and which parts are giving you trouble?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I created a new thread with a fitting (i hope) title.

I need to write a sketch code file, and am getting stuck can you help with code please?
Tell us what you want to do with those parts you have. Show us the code you have so far and where exactly you are stuck.

Arun@arduino

Feb 19, 2020
I created a new thread with a fitting (i hope) title.

Tell us what you want to do with those parts you have. Show us the code you have so far and where exactly you are stuck.

I am going to run the stepper motor with lcd shield buttons
UP for increase revolution
dOWN for decrease revolution
RESET for set revolution counts to 0
RIGHT for run the stepper for to entered revolution counts

Arun@arduino

Feb 19, 2020
I am going to run the stepper motor with lcd shield buttons
UP for increase revolution
dOWN for decrease revolution
RESET for set revolution counts to 0
RIGHT for run the stepper for to entered revolution counts
Please Help me with code

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
At Electronics Point we try to help those who help themselves. Seldom will anyone here help solve a whole project design while you do nothing. This is a hobbyist web site and as a hobbyist you are expected to actively participate. So, go back and read what @Harald Kapp asked you to do in post #3 and come back here with your response.

Have you written ANY code at all? What is your level of experience with Arduino? What parts are you going to use to make a "coil winder" and how will you assemble them? What gauge wire, or range of wire gauges, will you be winding? What length of coil? How much wire will be required? Will there be more than one layer of wire? Does the wire need to lay evenly, or can it be "scramble wound" on a core of some sort?

There are a LOT of unanswered, as well as future unasked questions, for you to consider and respond to before "your" coil winder project can proceed. And it would help if you told us where you lived, as that affects the availability of parts and the type of parts we may suggest.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Ah hops, you will be just as short with me too soon.
I now have 9 Arduinos and only 1 is windows detected.
ALL for another thread soon.

Martin

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012

Martin
Yikes! I have a couple of Ardunios with Bluetooth shields that I haven't "played" with in years, having been sidetracked to Microchip PICs by @KrisBlueNZ shortly before he died.

What! You thought I was short with @Arun@arduino? @twister thinks I am mean, but what do I care what a 72 year old youngster, or anyone else except my wife, thinks of me?:D I'm having fun.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014

Martin
There was a problem yonks ago where FTDI changed windows drivers (pc operator had no idea) in a windows update.
The reason was to stop people using their drivers on clone boards.
Turned out to be illegal and they had to re-instate a fix back to what was.
If you are using an old windows machine, it could be that.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
There was a problem yonks ago where FTDI changed windows drivers (pc operator had no idea) in a windows update.
The reason was to stop people using their drivers on clone boards.
Turned out to be illegal and they had to re-instate a fix back to what was.
If you are using an old windows machine, it could be that.
I remember that. What apparently was illegal was FTDI rewrote their driver to detect and then deliberately brick foreign RS-232 to USB adapters. Not nice to deliver malware that bricks your competitors products, but where would the Federation of Planets be if just anyone could make di-lithium crystals to power up starship engines? Pretty clever, eh, those Scots?

It's worth a try, Martin, to purchase a genuine FTDI RS-232 to USB adapter if you don't already have USB on both ends of the cable. Just how old is the computer you use to program your Ardunio? USB cards are dirt cheap, so if it isn't a laptop, install one. I had to buy an adapter cable a few years ago because the programmable logic controller I was trying to resurrect ONLY had an RS-232 interface, and my laptop ONLY had a USB interface. Amazon had a genuine FTDI adapter that worked a treat, which is a "good thing" if you have ever tried to add anything to a laptop.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Thanks chaps, my laptops are XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
It’s not a computer problem. It is my naive buying skills!. I read about FTDI ages ago.
I had to d/l drivers for CH340 chips. But it seems that some Arduinos don’t have the bootloader installed.
I have a working Nano which I’ll use to slave the other Nanos. But the Unos and Mega will have to wait for a working unit to arrive and then I can slave them too..
I’ll open a thread when they arrive so as to mot hijack this thread.

Martin

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Seems the Op does not have any code.
Only a vague idea of keypad inputs.

There are Arduino controlled winders out there with differing ways to control the winding speed and keep track of the number of turns.
Some have ways to advance the feed rate to allow for different size winding wire.
Check out some that have already been built, see which way you prefer and do some study on how to write you own code.
Tip is take small steps in learning how to write code for different operations and then combine each.