Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with a schematic.

calebhenning

Jan 15, 2012
I have a prop that I am making for a movie. Part of it is going to include a small fan from an old computer. The fan is going to be inflating a trash bag like material. I would prefer that the fan stays on about 5-4 seconds, then turn off for 5-4. Or preferably, rotates one direction for 5-4 seconds, then rotates the other direction for 5-4 seconds. I would also prefer it run off of 9volt batteries, if possible. Can anyone help me create a circuit for that? I can post pictures of the fan if that helps. All help is much appreciated.

alfa88

Dec 1, 2010
One problem. Fans use a relatively lot of power. Unless it's a big 9 Volt battery it'll die out in no time. Use remote power. Instead of a fan rotating use 2 fans pointed in opposite directions; one on, one off, toggling. The electronic control is simple.

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
Hi,

Sometime I give a hand to special effects guys and they use models remote controls (Futaba,Hitec..) a lot. You can find receiver compatibles (inverting) relay modules to control your fan with the sticks. It's more flexible as you can decide yourself according how the inflating is looking when you need to reverse the fan. Also you can use high capacity AA sized batteries:
http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/l91.pdf. 3 or 4 of them should be OK for a fan.

Olivier