Connect with us

Need help using a HI-8010P-03 chip

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by marmitas, Apr 13, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. marmitas

marmitas

Oct 9, 2012
    I am trying to use this chip HI-8010P-03 to drive a 1x5 LCD. I found the datasheet but I am not sure how I should connect it to the microprocessor in order to display data on the LCD. I will be using a Picaxe 14M2 processor.
    I will upload the datasheet in the next posting since the system apparently allows only two file uploads per post.

Attached Files:

2. marmitas

marmitas

Oct 9, 2012
    Here is the datasheet

Attached Files:

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    As an option, there are PICs that have built in LCD segment drivers.

Bob

4. marmitas

marmitas

Oct 9, 2012
    Yes, but in this case, the LCD and the driver chip are mounted in a PCB and I can't separate them.

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Ah, okay.

You shift in 38 bits of segment data by putting the data on the DIN and then pulsing ~CL low then back to high for each bit. After the 38 bits have been sent, you pulse LD high then low to transfer the shifted data to the output latches. Quite simple, really.

Bob

6. marmitas

marmitas

Oct 9, 2012
    Thank you Bob, I'll try that.

I appreciate your help.
    Andres

7. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    It's all right there in the datasheet, but it does take some experience to read them.

Bob

Ask a Question