Connect with us

Need help trying to figure out what to buy

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by BANNERSTOGO, Jun 20, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. BANNERSTOGO

BANNERSTOGO

Jun 20, 2012
    Long story short. My father has a surveillance system at his property and wants to add a red flashing strobe or beacon light inside his house to warn him when people are coming. The area he wants to add a motion detector is approx 900' away from the house. There is power there and a cat6 cable there going all the way to the house that can be used to transmit a signal. I cant find anything but a red beacon light that will plug into 120vac. Is there a special power supply that will turn on by a signal for 1 minute? Thank you for any help. I am traveling up there in 2 weeks so need to order something soon.

2. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Why not just get one of those 'security lights' - illuminates the area when motion is detected

3. BANNERSTOGO

BANNERSTOGO

Jun 20, 2012
    We are going to put a led motion light out there but he wants a red flashing light inside the house 900 ft away that will go off the same time

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I'd get one of the wireless systems. If it's not easy to integrate into your present
    system, I'd get a separate system, they're not all that expensive anymore. I don't know
    what Radio Shack carries anymore, but the home improvement big-box stores around
    me have several brands available.
    Considering the cost of the cable for a 900 foot run, the price is comparable.

Ask a Question