Maker Pro
Maker Pro

NEED HELP Troubleshooting Sole f63 2016 model *will not power up*

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
I'm no expert so we need somebody like @73's de Edd now. The 146V you saw on the bridge rectifier should also also be present on the big cap. If you are going to remove the big cap have a look at the tracks to and from the cap and see that they are good. Still worried about the charred tracks. Check if there are relays that should be kicking in. If they are not kicking in you need to determine where the activating voltage should be arriving on the relay (Which pin) and then trace back from that pin to see where the voltage disappears

Spidyymannn8

Mar 11, 2020
I'm no expert so we need somebody like @73's de Edd now. The 146V you saw on the bridge rectifier should also also be present on the big cap. If you are going to remove the big cap have a look at the tracks to and from the cap and see that they are good. Still worried about the charred tracks. Check if there are relays that should be kicking in. If they are not kicking in you need to determine where the activating voltage should be arriving on the relay (Which pin) and then trace back from that pin to see where the voltage disappears
Thank you for the response, I do not here any Relays kicking on or clicking. That is if my assumption is correct about "clicking/kicking on", for example: The same as a Automobile Relay from the fuse box when they turn on.

Last edited:

Spidyymannn8

Mar 11, 2020
Sir Spidyymannn8 . . . . . .
Your photo must be exceeding the bit density limits of this sites requirements.
In the interim, see if the only unit that I found, that was using one sole RED connector, happens to be your unit.
If so, i can already see some good possibilities showing on it.
HEREWITH . . . .

s-l1600.jpg

73's de Edd . . . . . .
The photo you posted of the MCB is indeed the same one in my Sole F63[2016]
I will attach a picture of my MCB

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 18
  • 1.1.jpg
    1.1.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 19

Spidyymannn8

Mar 11, 2020
I talked with a Sole Treadmill Tech & said that testing pin-1 [black lead] & pin-4 [red lead] I should get 14VDC +/- 2V.
I believe I measured 7.76VDC-8VDC
I will double check my measurements & post a confirmation or edit update of pin-1 to pin-4 VDC testing
Does anyone know what would be the cause [hopefully possibly a specific component/area of board?] of a Motor Control Board for a treadmill like this not being able to produce the needed voltage to I assume signal the display to power up.

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
Very nice of the tech to give you that valuable information. Did he give you readings of all pins by any chance?
Just to go back to the bridge rectifier, easy to check with your MM in diode mode. Google test bridge rectifier

So you need to find out why voltage on pin 4 is wrong.Trace back from pin 4 to see where it goes. Either the source is pushing out the incorrect voltage or something along the line is dragging the voltage down

Spidyymannn8

Mar 11, 2020
The Sole Tech did not give me the readings for the other pins. The only other thing he said was that "this" unit came with either a 5 or 6 pin Red connector. Didn't really confirm which one was mine. I reached out to the Tech again & asked him about the other pins, no reply to date though. I also requested a schematic &/or wiring diagram but supposedly they don't have any such documentation.
For me to be able to trace back from Pin-4/Orange wire of the Red connector on the board. I'm going to need to finally take it off the Heatsink wouldn't you think? I haven't done it yet In case the Tech needs more measurements. Wish those components weren't mounted to the Heatsink. The other down side to me tracing it back & seeing if I can troubleshoot where the drop off is. I have a hard time following these boards, as I'm just not educated on it besides from the interwebs & YouTube.

Last edited:

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
Spidyy
Can't see that you need to remove any heatsinked components. You can get to their legs and that's what you need

Elhi

Feb 1, 2021
Same exact symptoms on my 2019 Q2 F63. Checked the motor and it's good. Disconnecting the six pin connector and the led light stops blinking. Checked the pin volts per the post above and Red to Black is 12.5. Did you ever figure this out? I was hitting a speed bottom when it went dark. The heart rate Red light is the only thing on the console that has life.

Spidyymannn8

Mar 11, 2020
Spidyy
Can't see that you need to remove any heatsinked components. You can get to their legs and that's what you
I finally removed the heatsink after a lot of debating if I should send it to someone to repair it or go ahead with the repair myself. I measured the big cap with a ESR & Capacitor meter which tested good. After I took off the heatsink you can tell something got hot and must of blew some components. As you can see in the attached pictures the positive pin of the big cap [I assume is bad] lost some of its solder which I found underneath the board stuck to the heatsink. I also found another spot on the board that had the same issue just not as bad and it's on one of the legs of the Optocoupler [I think that's what the black rectangular with 4 pins are? 817C?]. I tested the diode [D-24] next to the big cap & it tested short both ways, which I think is bad. Any help on what to do next would be appreciated. I'm assuming a component/s that would cause lower vdc at pin-4 but it must not of damaged something enough to have the fuse blow, beyond my troubleshooting skills.

Attachments
Quote Reply
S

Remember the human - Be courteous when replying to others.

Attach files