Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help to identify something

dj_philter

Apr 24, 2012
Hi all I just joined this hoping someone could help me out. I have a pc board for an electronic paintball marker that I have a burnt part on it that I'm trying to locate. I looked at an identical board and the numbers on the part read as follows from left to right top to bottom

D507
790A

Can anyone help me distinguish exactly what is is and where I can find one? I believe it's just a surface mounted transistor or transmitter.

dj_philter

Apr 24, 2012
YES!! You are the man. Do they do individual orders or do you need to order a bulk amount?

timothy48342

Nov 28, 2011
Yes, they wil sell you just 1. They are only 33 cents each. You can get a discount for 10 or more, but the discount isn't all that much. You can get a very significant discount for very large quantities. I would bet though that the shipping cost is the most significant part of the cost, since the component cost is so low.

I would click the link and enter all the information except the credit card info (and except for finallizing the order) and check the cost with shipping. Then go back and edit the quantitiy and see how much you save buying more than 1.

I haven't orders from Mouser yet, but if they are fair in their shipping costs, I would bet that ordering a few, would be very cost effective compared to ordering just 1. If it only a couple bucks or so more to get 10 instead of 1, you will have some spares for future projects. (And in the unlikely case that you destroy one in playing around with it.)

That's just my way of thinking,
-tim

dj_philter

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks Tim I ordered 2 just in case I can get back to you on shipping if you'd like. They offer USPS priority which flare rate is 5.35 with delivery confirmation should be about 6 bucks

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Mouser is very fair with shipping, and if you have a FedEx or UPS account you can have them bill directly to your account for no up charge as well...

Lets hope that swapping out that part fires it up right away and you are good to go...

dj_philter

Apr 24, 2012
Yea time will tell. If no I just had someone message me that has a replacement board for 80 bucks. So that's better than 180 for aftermarket replacement. OEM no longer available.

dj_philter

Apr 24, 2012
Mouser Disnt charge me anything for the two I ordered. It was free shipping.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010

Can't complain about that!

I've been ordering more stuff from RS recently because they offer free overnight freight on many things ordered on-line. I was not a fan of RS due to their prices, but they seem to have been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Good to see that other companies do it for their markets too (I'm a but too far away from them to expect the same from Mouser, sadly)

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012

Wow, good to hear... I order $1000s a month and don't get free shipping :( Just plopped down $500 tonight...

I have experienced very similar practices from them in regards to my shipping getting upgraded free of charge though... They want all 'express' orders to be placed by 8PM, I used to do a bunch of 2 or 3 day delivery orders and of course I always wait until the last minute to order, sometimes missing that 8PM cutoff by a minute or two.. On many occasions they upgraded my shipping to overnight so that I received it the same day as if I had actually placed my order on time with the 2 day delivery...

I've been ordering more stuff from RS recently because they offer free overnight freight on many things ordered on-line.

I would love to take advantage of that but from my conversations with them there is some sort of Trademark dispute with the RS name in the US and they thus market under a another branch, Allied Electronics in the US and I don't believe they give away shipping...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I don't believe they give away shipping...

Neither do I.

Every time I see it I'm surprised. (I should get used to it I guess)

This was just a random part I picked out. Their price on this is pretty poor, but that's not true (more surprises!) on all their lines any more. In any case, if I want just a couple, I am quite happy for them to pay the $10 to express freight my $0.83 part to me and for me to get it tomorrow.

I'm afraid to pinch myself.

Attachments

• RSFreeShip.jpg
    RSFreeShip.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 87

timothy48342

Nov 28, 2011
Reading what you guys are saying about cheap shipping and sometimes free shipping is amazing to me. I has always seemed like its the shipping that makes things expensive when you just need one tiny cheap thing.

Wow. To clarify, you bought 2 parts at 33 cents each and they charged you 66 cents only?? How do they make money on that?

Maybe they figure that down the line you order more and make money on that. Or maybe they think a bunch of people will be chatting online about how cool Mouser is and that it is a great source for parts.

That's awsome.
--tim