Maker Pro
Maker Pro

need help on project (RGB Controller)

sage2605

Feb 9, 2013
Hi.i need help on a v_day present I am building.i have 6 boxes on part of the present that will have 1 rgb led in each of the boxes.i would like to be able to change the color in each box seperatly. So basicly I want to have a keypad from 0-6 to select which box is being changed and a button for each R,G,B to change the color.can anyone help.it would be greatly appreciated

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Google RGB LED controller and find lots of ready to use controllers or tips for building your own.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Included in my 2013 wish list is an Electronics Point's web server filter that rejects topic titles like this one. It all but completely neuters our search engine when searching by title.

Chris

sage2605

Feb 9, 2013
Included in my 2013 wish list is an Electronics Point's web server filter that rejects topic titles like this one. It all but completely neuters our search engine when searching by title.

Chris

Sorry for your SEARCHING troubles.ill name it better next time but if you have nothing helpful to say on the project please dont post.have a good day

sage2605

Feb 9, 2013
Google RGB LED controller and find lots of ready to use controllers or tips for building your own.

Thankyou for your reply.i have but am not sure what the best or cheapest route is.i could use any guidence.thankyou

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I hear you, Chris.
I didn't want to completely change the title, so I added the parentheses.

@sage: If a cheap commercial controller doesn't satisfy your needs, you need to be a lot more specific about your requirements.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
but if you have nothing helpful to say on the project please dont post

Telling you to use a "speaking" title is helpful. If not for you, so for others.

sage2605

Feb 9, 2013
Telling you to use a "speaking" title is helpful. If not for you, so for others.

Yes sir I understand and thankyou for changing the title.(didnt think I could).and I ment nl harm by what I said.ive been on many forums and I didnt want it to start a rant about forum names so I said sorry and ended it.if chris can help he is welcome to..im sorry if I qasnt specific.i have a 1ft x 1ft 7 1/2in box that is divided into 6 4inx5in boxes with a lid that covers the whole thing.i want to put a RGB LED in each box. I would like to be able to use a button to A-chose the box im changing the color of.B- I would like to have a button for each color R,G and B .so I select box 1-6.change the color from blue to green with the button() and have a (neutral)button that saves the color()((if that cant be done no big deal))...when thw lid shuts it needs to cut power to the lights..ok I hope that helps.another nice touch would be to have touch sensors for the buttons..if you know of a way to do this I can really use the help.thank
you

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
I hear you, Chris.
I didn't want to completely change the title, so I added the parentheses.

Harold, that's a considerable improvement.

Thanks!
Chris

sage2605

Feb 9, 2013
Check some of these out.
http://www.ecolightled.com/category/rgb_led_lighting_controllers_only/?r=B_rgb-control

http://www.usledsupply.com/shop/led-controllers-dmx/rgb-full-color-led-controllers.html

By the way, I did a forum search (Titles Only) for "RGB Controller". Your topic was first on the returns and easily found. This will help the next member looking for similar help. ;)

Chris

Thank you.i looked at the suggested sites and found about what I needed but all alas out of my price range.i found a good amount of leds at http://www.taydaelectronics.com/rgb-led-5mm.html .is there anyway I can make a similar circuit to the controller with the color wheel (without remote) cheaper?