Connect with us

need help on my solar project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by sydcal2011, Sep 28, 2012.

1. sydcal2011

sydcal2011

Apr 23, 2012
    Hello guys:
    Things to uses in my projects:
    1) 20watt mono crystalline solar panel(max voltage=17.4, max current=1.15A)
    2)PWM 12V 10A solar charge controller, (exactly the same as this one: )
    )3 water pump rated 12V 0.95A

I am sure i can power the water pump in full power.My concern is that: Will my water pump get fried since my water pump rated current is 0.95A?

Thank you in advance for your helps
    God Bless

2. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    most devices only use the amount of power required. the old saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink fits here. this does not apply to all devices (LED's are greedy guts for example)
    the issue is under powering it. most solar setups I have seen use a battery between the controller and the load (in this case the pump) this gives 2 great features, first you don't ever need to worry about too little current (a good controller will cut the power at a predetermined level) and on cloudy days (not rainy just cloudy) you still get some use of the item.

3. sydcal2011

sydcal2011

Apr 23, 2012
    There is not battery connected to the solar charge controller, though the controller has function for charging the battery. My intended use of this application is that: the solar panel can drive the water pump in full power in a normal Sunny day without getting my water pump fried.

Ask a Question