Connect with us

Need help identifying an SMD capacitor

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by fuxxy, Oct 28, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. fuxxy

fuxxy

Oct 28, 2011
    Hello everyone, I have found a broken SMD capacitor on my laptop's mainboard. It looks as if one of the silver tipped ends have detached itself from the main body of the capacitor..

Luckily, I have another identical laptop! However, the capacitor itself has no markings, it is a dark grey color that is fairly large. (1210, 3225 metric)

Would anyone with an LCR meter or equivalent be willing for me to ship you the part to get an accurate measurement?

2. fuxxy

fuxxy

Oct 28, 2011
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    I have, but I'm halfway across the world from you. Maybe you should try to find someone closer to you first.

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Oh Resqueline, don't exaggerate! You're probably only 8 timezones away, not 12.

Unfortunately I'm also about 8 time zones away, albeit in the opposite direction.

Hopefully some of our American colleagues will read this soon :)

An issue is that the device is clearly damaged. Reading the capacitance may give you a reading, but it may be less than the original rated value. However, the exact value may not be critical.

5. fuxxy

fuxxy

Oct 28, 2011
    Steve, that's the joy of having an identical laptop, I have an undamaged part to substitute :)

Ask a Question