Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help identifying a thermistor.

jshvrsn

Jul 5, 2013
I'm trying to fix my Sears washing machine. I'm pretty sure the thermistor on the motor control board is broken, but I don't know anything about thermistors so I don't know how to figure out what part to replace it with. The part number of the controller assembly is 134149200 and I've attached a picture of the part. The part has the letters NTC, a 2,5 and a 0417 on it.

Can anybody help me find a replacement part so I don't have to buy a whole new board? Thanks!

Attachments

• 101_1769.jpg
    101_1769.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 177

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Why do you think the thermistor is broken?

What is this device doing (or not doing) that it shouldn't (or should)?

jshvrsn

Jul 5, 2013
The casing is cracked where the lead enters the part.

The motor is not turning. I checked the voltages per the steps on the repair schematic that came with the washer and they look fine. I also checked the resistances in the motor per the repair schematic instructions and they look fine too.I don't know for sure that the thermistor is the only problem with the controller (or the washer), but it's one part I know is broken and I thought it might be easy to replace.

Thanks.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, then perhaps if you can get another image with the component in question in focus. And then 2 more, one from above the board so we can read the writing on the board, the other from below so we can see the tracks.

Take the photos outside in indirect light (shade) without a flash.

That component may or may not be the problem.

elebish

Aug 16, 2013
I'm trying to fix my Sears washing machine. I'm pretty sure the thermistor on the motor control board is broken, but I don't know anything about thermistors so I don't know how to figure out what part to replace it with. The part number of the controller assembly is 134149200 and I've attached a picture of the part. The part has the letters NTC, a 2,5 and a 0417 on it.

Can anybody help me find a replacement part so I don't have to buy a whole new board? Thanks!

NTC stands for 'Negative Temperature Coefficient'
That means that the resistance drops when the temperature rises. You may have to contact the company to get one like the one you have. Ed.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I just look-up the parts I need for my Sears washing machine on their website.
That's a Sears part number.
Get on their parts website with your washing machine model number, and follow
the steps to ID your part. If they have it in stock you can buy it on-line, if they don't
there are several other vendors on the internet that sell Sears electronic parts for
repair of their gear.
My opinion, is that you should just get the exact replacement.

jydogbob

Dec 28, 2013
same problem

Did you find a solution? ive got a fridgidare washer with the same control board. that same thermistor on mine has gotten hot enough that the solder melted and it fell out, 3 times! did you fix yours, or did you have to replace the whole board? wonder what is causing it to get so hot?